Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^^ I think you hit the nail on the head. Everybody I know owns guns, quite a few of them are content with a 12 gauge, a 30-06 and a hi-point .45

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not holding my breath on the NFA dealio. Trying to be optimistic about the HPA, but like this thread, I don't think its the slam dunk we all initially thought it would be. Maybe we should browbeat the man on twitter and make him succumb to our overwhelming WEVO pressure?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads

Repeal the NFA Petition

Yep. People are uneducated on firearm laws. We need to educated and then petition.

But there are hundreds of small regulatory things that can be done to ease the burdens on citizens that lack traction while we shoot for the big reforms. What is Trump's 2nd Amendment Coalition doing?

Releasing tax returns are not required of presidents. That petition is a waste of time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My opinion is that this Congress has a ton to do. They say they want to get tax reform, repeal Obamacare, and a whole stack of other stuff. Getting the economy going, dealing with terrorism, taxes...all really big stuff. Relative to all that the HPA or NFA laws are small potatoes.

If it comes up odds are it will be part of the budget when they get to that. Odds are the ATF itself will complain about double or triple the work load simply because of Obama's action and no increase in budget to get it done

Downloads
    Uploads
    My personal opinion, HPA, NFA, ATF is going nowhere.

I'd settle for DJT to roll back 41F

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    My personal opinion, HPA, NFA, ATF is going nowhere.

I'd settle for DJT to roll back 41F
    That could happen too. If the HPA comes up it might be two years from now or even in a second term.

Knowing what I know about how DC works the budget scenario I mentioned above could be the grounds to start a real debate up there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Repeal the NFA Petition

The HPA is ready for the floor. What we need is for Schumer and his fractious band to stop being obstructionists; doing everything they can to divert, delay and derail, as opposed to working together per their job description. Phone calls, people. You want action, pick up the phone.

Sadly nothing is going to divert their focus from fighting to harbor potential terrorists.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Repeal the NFA petition would cover this, seems redundant.

But like Stick says, we're 86k signatures short, while Trumps income tax petition met its goal. Kind of reaffirms what I suspected all along. 90%+ of gun owners have no idea what the NFA is or does. We are a subset of a subset of gun owners.
    True, but I think we should shoot high then the compromise down wont be so bad. If we just go after what we want the dems will whittle it down and we will end up with less than what we wanted.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting article from the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.0ec0e811fec6

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same oid, tired opposition argument. Fem-Nazi, make the white guy pay "progressives" wanting to punish the law abiding portion of population of gun owners (the ones who paid for their firearms) without taking a second to give a critical thought to the proposal. Those people are brain-fatigued from having all those abortions and having Testosterone filtered from their bloodstream. Unfortunately they will have the loudest voice (Which is now done by talking over people), while 10% of our niche group will get off their ass to send an email, let alone make a phone call to their representation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! Looks like we have a friend on the inside...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Joelski, I thought the same about her rhetoric. Any change to a stupid regulation is apocalyptic to them. The logic about machine gun crime use is fallacious if you think about it for 10 seconds.

Stone, I was surprised to see this from the inside. I'd like them to add to a white paper that pinning muzzle devices are not necessary as long as length of barrels used is 16". Same logic as stock and no stock options.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Joelski, I thought the same about her rhetoric. Any change to a stupid regulation is apocalyptic to them. The logic about machine gun crime use is fallacious if you think about it for 10 seconds.

Stone, I was surprised to see this from the inside. I'd like them to add to a white paper that pinning muzzle devices are not necessary as long as length of barrels used is 16". Same logic as stock and no stock options.
    After reading the white paper, I've stepped off the ledge... okay, one foot's is back inside the window. That's the most sound, well-reasoned argument for relaxed control and regulation I may have ever read.

Fat chance on the pinning dealie. Too easy to have a 10.3" barrel and direct thread can make your 16" limit. That's creative possession or something the ATF calls a no-no.

I would love for Trump to appoint LaPierre as Scy of the ATF. For his first speech, he should go to KissMassachussets and tell them this:

Neener, Neener, Neener!

I'm not kidding myself. The Satan Spawn Feinstein and Cryin' Chuck would burst into flames fillibustering him!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting article from the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.0ec0e811fec6
    The guy that wrote that white paper "the second in command" at the ATF is somewhat of a local guy to me. At least somewhat. He lived in my little gun loving, gun toting, gun owning community for quite a long time. He got his degrees at a local university and if I am not mistaken he sometimes comes back to lecture students and other things (don't quote me on that). I don't know him personally but odds are 90% or more that at least he himself is definitely on the level when it comes to firearms laws.

Downloads
    Uploads

Repeal the NFA Petition

Joelski, it's only constructive possession in the same sense of a stock on a rifle removed for a pistol and short barrel. Functionally a 10.5 with a 7.5" pinned or unpinned is the same. We have an opportunity to clean up the irrational bias in ATF rulings. That's as good as the HPA and without congress.
    Last edited by fledge; 6 February 2017 at 15:28.