Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With three SBRs and four shortie uppers I can swap around the one I want on a pistol lower, like Aragorn, to take with me in the truck. Having tried all configs I like the Shockwave best.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    With three SBRs and four shortie uppers I can swap around the one I want on a pistol lower, like Aragorn, to take with me in the truck. Having tried all configs I like the Shockwave best.
    I like the shockwave. I had a pistol with the sig brace and I'll go with the shockwave this time around.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pyzik; 3 March 2017 at 10:23.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I've seen the A5 pistol tube released for a while.

You can also use a normal A5 tube without the brace. There's no ruling I know of that says you can't shoulder a tube. There's not ruling that says you can't use a tube that can take a stock. In fact, one of my pistol lowers is set up to use a stock with the long upper and to remove stock for a short upper. As long as it wasn't designated a rifle first, you can do this.

You can also get the rifle length saber tube by BAD to use with the A5 and not use the stock attachment.
    That's actually a felony. You can not convert a rifle into a pistol. And you certainly can't switch lowers back and forth at will. And by the letter of the law if you are in possession of a stock that fits a rifle buffer on a pistol you are also committing a felony. Better check the laws before you pay the price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lowers are transferred as other. Once you make it a rifle, it's always a rifle. If you make it into a pistol, then you can convert it into a rifle, but you can't convert it back legally.

How the ATF knows you've converted back and forth? I don't mess with my gun rights. Those are my cents.

Downloads
    Uploads
    c
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    That's actually a felony. You can not convert a rifle into a pistol.
    Unless it was built as a pistol first. It's stupid, but you can convert a rifle that was originally a pistol back to its original configuration. And if you own a rifle you can own as many spare parts as you want. And Fledge is correct: if you build a pistol with a carbine buffer tube but never put a stock on it then it was never a rifle.

Edit: the above comment on pistol-rifle-pistol may only apply if built from parts: https://www.atf.gov/file/55526/download

Likewise, because it is the same weapon when reconfigured as a pistol, no “weapon made from a rifle” subject to the NFA has been made.
    Last edited by BoilerUp; 3 March 2017 at 14:42.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dave, any reason why you're stuck on getting a trust? It's a common misconception that if you have an NFA item, it can't be inherited (and/or then sold) if it's not on a trust. In fact there's a form that can be filled out by an Executor that doesn't require any tax paid. It's also perfectly allowable to let others (ie, family members/friends) shoot your NFA item at the range in your presence.

While it's true, technically your family members "shall not" have access to the item at home when you're not there....seriously, there's more important things to worry about. Just my $.02.

Downloads
    Uploads

To pistol or not to pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post

Unless it was built as a pistol first. It's stupid, but you can convert a rifle that was originally a pistol back to its original configuration.
    I'm no lawyer, but this is my understanding as well.

It's probably not a bad idea to have photographic proof.

-john

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Lowers are transferred as other. Once you make it a rifle, it's always a rifle. If you make it into a pistol, then you can convert it into a rifle, but you can't convert it back legally.

How the ATF knows you've converted back and forth? I don't mess with my gun rights. Those are my cents.
    Unfortunatly here in MI it would be easy to figure out it was never a pistol.
    I would have to trade the lower for a new lower.

Still considering it though, as this would fill a gap I have.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/