Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The DPMS Levang Compensator is suppose to be in stock at MidwayUSA 4/21.. That's coming up soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    dont want to revive a dead thread, but in the 6+ months has there been any developments?

i ended up buying a msar stg556 b/c the bullpup bug bit me. but still would love to have a pdr with a 16" barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Given the nature of the topic, I'm not sure that I will ever consider this a "dead thread," so no worries there. That said, I'm not sure that there is really anything new to know.

The best we can determine, the PDR remains a semi-active project in Magpul's back shops. This leads me to believe that they are continuing to explore various aspects of the concept as they have time and opportunity, but none of this has translated into an active manufacturing scheme -- much less anything that might resemble a commercial/civil dsitribution plan. Naturally, in the absence of these two components, we shouldn't be expecting to hear much more from Magpul directly.

It would be tempting to observe that the Masada/ACR started in much the same way, and we're finally on the verge of seeing that released as a commercial product, but we would do well to remember that (a) this has been a very long road, and (b) the market for the Masada was always much easier to define, especially when there were/are hopes of participation in Army trials. The PDR is much more of a niche product in that regard, notwithstanding its incredible potential.

For now, this remains a very good idea with strong prospects, but no immediate path to production.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any chance the PDW will be back for SHOT 2010 under the counter someplace?

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope so, wasn't mentioned in the two youtube videos of magpuls for the 2010 shot show.
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." Optimus Prime

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone have the PDF saved? It seems that it is no longer on the Magpul site after the update...Thanks.
    -m
    "Of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there; Eighty are nothing but targets; Nine are real fighters….We are lucky to have them….They make the battle. Ah; but One; One of them is a Warrior….And he will bring the others back." * Source: Heraclitus (Circa 500 B.C.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    PM sent Mike.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Recently discovered the Magpul PDR and love it, any new any info by any chance? And could I get that PDF if it's not too much trouble, thanks. Yay first post!

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a Magpul proponent, so I don't wish to convey a contrary impression; that said, what we've seen to date would suggest that the PDR will remain a concept -- active or otherwise -- for an indefinite period of time, unless the prospect of some kind of agency contract spurs them to pursue a more active prototyping stage.

Even then, I'm not sure that they have the production capacity to take this on in-house, meaning that we could again be looking at some kind of third-party development program. This is pure conjecture on my part, but if past is prologue, Bushmaster/Remington would be an obvious contender -- and if so, I would have to guess that such a plan would have the military and law enforcement arm of Remington out pursuing trials and concepts, with little spillover to the NFA consumer market. The economic realities of staking a substantive R&D investment against the prospect of a few-hundred private buyers just fails to achieve anything approaching a level of parity.

In other words, as strongly as I would like to give Team Magpul the benefit of the doubt that the PDR may still be viable, I'm not holding my breath that any of us will be able to bring one home.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    dont want to revive a dead thread that was about keeping the hope alive for a project, but...anyone hear anything new?

Downloads
    Uploads
    just made an account to revive a dead thread, is there any news? i asked them if they would be willing to make one to order, no response yet...

Downloads
    Uploads
    You realize they introduced the idea 10 years ago...

LOL on asking them to make 1. Don't expect an answer soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If anybody perfects time travel, please pick me up a Masada, and an XM-8. Thanks!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by [DRE4DNOUGHT] View Post
    just made an account to revive a dead thread, is there any news? i asked them if they would be willing to make one to order, no response yet...
    Magpul last I knew wasn't going into manufacturing firearms, otherwise they wouldn't have let Bushmaster jack up the Masada/ACR. Like it was mentioned earlier, asking them to make 1 of something that's not even a past production item. I wouldn't hold my breath. You might have better luck asking them to bring back the M93 stock.