This is for those of you who have a suppressor and/or an SBR or pistol build or hell even a 9mm with a can on it. The shorter barrels are obnoxiously more loud but they are also a lot more dirty than say a 16" gun. Of course both get dirty but my observation is that shorter barrels will cause your gun to get way more dirty when shooting suppressed in a side by side comparison.

Some of you indicate that 'you don't clean crap' or that you basically don't really clean your guns all that often but I am wondering if anyone has experienced failures because of having a dirty, gummed up, or fouled gun and what those failures were.

Really I guess this could apply to pistols in general as well. My 9mm can is still in jail but I am guessing I will have to clean my pistols a lot more often once my other can breaks out of jail.

So has anyone experienced any kind of failure (of any kind) and what is your round count before you clean things up? 200 rounds? 500 rounds? Or just when you feel like it?

For example if one shoots 500 rounds with an SBR or 5.56 pistol (with a suppressor) could it cause things like the bolt to not go forward to full battery, or misfeeds, or anything else that you can think of? What about on a 9mm pistol?