This will be the 4th firearm that Frog Lube has been the cause of consistent malfunctions. So I had built 2 16" AR's. I thought the wife might actually shoot it, but she doesn't seem to care that much. So I took all the good parts and transfered them to one rifle, figure I would sell the other to fund a can for the 300BLK. I didn't swap that much, the muzzle device, BAD-ASS levers. Nothing I thought would effect function. I take it out to shoot, FTE. The brass would hover better getting T-Boned by the bolt, or it not even clearing the port. If I had a wingman, I would have had them use the hi-speed function on the iPhone to take a look. Given I couldnt seem to manage it myself, I assumed the bolt was not cycling fully.

Well I had JP silent captured spring. So I end the range day, put in a normal carbine spring and buffer.
Next weekend same problem. Inspect ammo. Out of 250 rounds I bought, 117 had cracks on the neck of the brass. Crap, shitty ammo.
I order new ammo. Found a good deal on 75gr, I got Noveske 1/7 barrels. Sweet.
Yesterday, same fucking problem. But the 75gr shot great, well for me. 1.5MOA @ 100yds.
So today I took up a different buffer, and a Mil-Spec BCG. I have a Rainier Arms NiB in it.
Turns out swapping the BCG fixes the problem. I finally get to shoot the 8" gong and stand I bought.

So I get home, take apart the bolt to see WTF. And answer is.... ejector is gummed up. What lube am I still using cause I was a dumb ass and bought the big bottle and I can't just throw it out? Frog Lube.

Yeah yeah, I know people swear by it. But heres the problem. You have to wipe ALL of it off. Every single little bit of excess. If you don't this crap will get into everything, and if you don't get to shoot a whole lot, it gums up.

The wife is probably having a heart attack with my Q-Tip and pipe cleaner budget. I don't spray it on, I just wet a Q-tip. I make damn sure I get whatever excess I can.

So far my Arsenal AK failed because the FL gummed up on the twisted springs. My FNX-T failed when it gummed up the hammer. Its gummed up my Stevens .22, and I have been spraying that down with PB blaster for months. It still won't cycle right and you can feel the action is squishy. And now it dicked up an AR ejector enough that it couldn't actually eject brass.

In the trash. Gonna make me some Ed's Red or some version of it. The wife will miss the smell.