Since the internals are a bit more complex than a clamp or cam, it was determined early
on that real world dust, dirt, sand exposure was in order. To that end, I spent a weekend
abusing the Bobro Aimpoint CompM4 mount at my favorite 120 acre getaway. Testing
included everyday as well as worst case scenario exposure to mother nature. Although my
primary focus was the operational capabilities of the throw lever when inundated with
sand, I also spent considerable time running drills to determine if the lever would become
a snag point when geared up.

Image 1: My loadout

• TAG Multicam Plate Carrier
  • 2 x EMDOM Multicam 6o4 Pistol Pouches
  • 4 x EMDOM Multicam double M4 Pouches
  • 1 x TAG Multicam Strobe Pouch
  • GEAR SECTOR GS-2P Dark Earth sling
  • DD-15 Carbine equipped with Aimpoint CompM4 in Bobro BLAC mount

Image 2: Lever side of the mount after sand compaction.

Image 3: Underside after sand compaction.

• All internals and all moving components have been thoroughly packed with sand.
    Obviously this is the worst case scenario and not likely to occur naturally. However, I
    felt it necessary to perform this test to determine if complete compaction would be the
    failure point. It wasn't.

Image 4: Mount re-installed after sand compaction.

• There was so much sand on the bottom side of the mount that it wouldn't even consider
    engaging the rail. However, a single, brisk smack on the palm of my hand cleared the rail
    channel enabling the mount to seat on the upper. Even with the internals completely
    packed with sand, the mount clamped shut effortlessly.

Image 5: Snag Testing

• Yours truly.

I apologize for the lack of action photos or video footage, but I was on my own with
    nothing more than a tripod, camera and internal timer. Not exactly ideal for catching
    motion. That said, I ran numerous drills, even configured the mount with the lever
    inboard and facing forward as an intentional snag point. Short of stuffing the sling
    under the lever on purpose, I couldn't get the mount to hang up on any of my gear.