A couple of months (maybe 3) ago, I couldn't find reloading components to save my life (I'm sure everyone here is aware why), was going through a storage closet and found a 1K box of 5.56 LC Brass that I had ordered and somehow shoved in the corner of the closet and forgot. I was ecstatic. I've never been what you'd call a really lucky guy, and I figured that would be my share of "luck" or karma or whatever for a while.

Was poking around in top of same closet today, and over in a dark corner I saw something I (thought) I recognized immediately.

It couldn't be, but yes it was, even in the dim, almost dark light, I could make out the stack of tan plastic wrappers. 10 brand new PMAG's, unopened, stacked neatly in corner and hidden behind another box.

I knew Obama was going to start his big gun grab in his 2nd term. He couldn't afford the bleed-off of his supporters, who are also gun owners, so he'd wait until he got a second term and nothing to lose. So, every now and then, when I was at my favorite local store, I'd buy 1 or 2 hundred rounds of 5.56, and a couple of mag's or so. I'm sitting pretty on top of ammo, and a box of mag's but finding 10 more still in the wrapper was a big deal to a guy like me who just never gets a lot of "good" surprises.

Here's the kicker: PRICE TAG ON MAGS? $16.95 - man that seems like a long time ago....

FT