Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
FT, I've always like the feel of an M&P but have never shot one. I think my wife is trying to get me an M&P .40 for Christmas, how do you like it with the Apex? I thought about the alu. curved trigger but haven't ruled out the flat.
I've seen what seems to be some confusion in this thread, with daeck triggers, 1911 triggers, and so on.

I think the thread was about APEX triggers. The FSS brings the trigger down to about 4lbs. plus or minus an ounce or two according to my Lyman Gauge. This trigger is super sweet, again 3.5 to 4lbs with a very short and fast reset. It's the closest thing to a tuned 1911 trigger as you can get from a DIY swap. But if you're using it as a duty trigger, for LEO work, it probably won't fly with your department. So, APEX offers a couple of alternatives, one being the DEACK, or something like that. It smooth's out your trigger, the reset is not nearly instant like the FSS but does give you a very nice DA trigger pull at around 6lbs or so. A friend of mine has the DEACK's in his .40 and 9mm because he's not comfortable with a 3.5 - 4lb. trigger, and they are a huge improvement over stock, if you don't feel comfortable with the FSS and it's light weight pull, no take up, and almost no over travel. (Think finely tuned 1911 trigger with a 3.5 lb. trigger).

If I get the 9mm I'll probably go with the flat trigger, just to try it out, if it comes in the FSS version.

You can call APEX and get more specifics, they are nice folks. Changing out the trigger group in an M&P is a pain in the butt, especially compared to a Glock. On my first one, I had a question, called them, and Randy Lee himself talked me through my problem ( a minor thing I overlooked).

So in summary, I guess it depends on what you're comfortable with. I carried tuned 1911's for years, with 3.5 to 4.0lbs. Never bothered me, but some folks don't like that type of trigger and will back off a notch to the DAECK (which is USPSA legal, I think). If you're doing LEO work, I'm quite sure your department is not going to let you carry one with the FSS trigger.

If this doesn't answer your questions PM me, and I'll be glad to help.