I wish I had seen this before I did, but alas, it never works that way.

It's recently been brought to light that the ATF is holding all MD form one applications "until they receive clarification." Maryland's laws are written so poorly regarding the new procedures for firearms that even the freaking ATF won't interpret them, they need written proof they are allowed to approve our form 1's. If they are waiting for the AG's office to send them proof, it'll never happen. The state police has already made it known that it is legal, but they won't accept that.

Some people have had their form 1's denied with "assault weapons illegal in MD" as the reason. Some have been "put on hold." This after we were explicitly told to use our new lowers as pistols or SBR's.

There is one FFL in this state that is continually fighting for our rights as firearms owners, and they have filed suit on this issue. No updates as of yet, and I don't expect them to come quickly, but I'll update when I can.

For reference, I have a Form 1 submitted, it's still in the "submitted/in process" phase. I have to say all of this is a little disheartening.

Here is more on the topic, including State Police and ATF responses to correspondence.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=165907