Thread: glock talk..

Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glock armorers are fanatical about not modifying Glocks. For years, I ignored them, and having tried everything in the book, I've had enough failures to (almost) agree with them. Hard core mods should be for comp/fun guns only, not SD. There's always a but, though, and this is what I've found that greatly improves the stock trigger without making it failure prone.

1. Get the dremel and felt out and do the polish job. YouTube must have 500 video's on how to do this. I use a little Flitz and a small felt wheel.

2. Get a quality 3.5 connector. Unless you are really good with a small diamond file, stay away from the Ghost and others that you have to set the angle yourself with. Also, polish the connector, I do this even if it looks "mirror" smooth.

3. 3 and 4lb. striker springs are too light for SD, you risk light primer strikes, and I've experienced this myself. 6lb. is stock and too much. You have to google this, because it doesn't show up on their websites, but get your hand on a few 5lb. springs. Believe it or not, the extra 1lb. makes a big difference in feel. Buy extra's, they are cheap but hard to come by sometimes.

4. Change the stock 3lb. trigger spring for a 4lb. trigger spring. Trust me, it works.

5. Do not use the Titanium trigger safety on a Carry gun. I've seen several of these fail, at least 3. They make little or no difference unless you're installing a total comp trigger kit. Polish the stock one that came with your gun.

I do not use any of the commercially available trigger stops. I've had two or three break over the years. Or the set (adjustment) screw back out, or the whole unit crack. I would never, ever trust my life to one, although they do make a nice trigger, I feel these should ONLY be competition additions.

All of this gives you a much nicer, smoother and lighter trigger with a crisper break, not a highly modified comp trigger with a very short pull, light and crisp with a instant stop with minimal overtravel, but it will give you a much improved trigger that, if you do this and as you get into the project, will instill confidence that the gun goes bang when the bad guy makes it mandatory.

I'm sure many, many others have their own ideas. My combo comes from several years of trying about everything to achieve a "1911" and reliable trigger, and failing often, or witnessing others guns failing. Coincidently, I have a new in box gen3 G19, and the parts listed above sitting on my work bench, waiting to get my act together and get this project done. It takes 1 to 2 hours, depending on your skill level. If you have 10 thumbs, get a buddy to help you. You'll learn how easy Glocks are to work on. Good luck.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 27 December 2015 at 16:28.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member