Downloads
    Uploads

standard front sight

I have a standard front sight on my cmmg m4le. what would be the cheapest way to install my new mbus flip up front sight? I want to still use the magpul handguard but install some type of rail?
    Last edited by mrwilmoth; 28 August 2009 at 18:22.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The scenario you describe is a little awkward. So, you want to use the Magpul MOE handguard you have already, you have a standard front sight already, but want it gone and replaced by a Magpul MBUS front sight, but you want some kind of rail, right? A couple things conflict here.

To install the MBUS sight you will need a sturdy platform to install on and they recommend not installing the MBUS on a flattop gas block although I have had zero issues with mine in that config, which would mean you have two options.

Option one, you would need either a flattop gas block to replace your existing front sight to mount the MBUS on--you get to keep your Magpul MOE handguards.

Option two, you need to replace your MOE handguards with a rail, like a DD rail and you still need to replace your gas block, so the Magpul MOE handguards and your existing front sight/gas block are replaced. The Magpul MOE Handguard is a nice upgrade from the standard handguards, but not something I would mount a sight to using the rail pieces that work with the MOE handguard.
    - Federalist22