Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FINALLY made some more progress on the 1911 build. blending video below. enjoy!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good parts selection for your build. I do have to ask if you are going to bob the hammer since the old school hammers don't work with the beaver tail grip safety very well? Also, let us know how the milled plunger tube works on that frame. The one reason guys who build 1911s avoid milled plunger tubes is the fear of crushing it.

Looks like a fun project!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Decided to go with a standard hammer since I made that video. Doing a good job on the bob tailing of the original would have required more skill than I have.

I'll let you know if I have any problems with the plunger. I don't expect this gun to see a very high round count so I'm not very worried

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    Decided to go with a standard hammer since I made that video. Doing a good job on the bob tailing of the original would have required more skill than I have.

I'll let you know if I have any problems with the plunger. I don't expect this gun to see a very high round count so I'm not very worried
    I think the only way the plunger tube gets crushed is by doing dumb things. Like putting the frame in the vise and crushing it that way. I don't see you having any issues with it.

Now if you do have problems with that spur hammer not working with the grip safety. Harrison makes a retro bobbed spur hammer. http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...prod44820.aspx

I love the look of spur hammers on 1911s and one of my next builds will have that type of ignition set used. Love your project and I will be looking forward to seeing your progress.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally got all the parts installed and fitted. Decided to switch the spur hammer with a more modern style. Also blended the firind pin retainer and made some refinements to the magazine release and thumb safety interface with the trigger bar.

The gun is EXTREMELY tight right now. Hoping it will smooth itself out upon test firing. Work is pretty busy right now but I'm hoping to get to a range some time next week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    More updates on the 1911 build.

Decided I might change some overall finishing decisions on the build but those won't happen for a while, as this build constantly takes a back seat to other projects.