Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Project Eva

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Debating abandoning the Bootleg upper until I can get the matching PWS lower, or perhaps even entirely.
    Especially after seeing this.

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/F7MNU

Ignoring how fugly it is in general, it doesn't even mate well with the BCM forend, which is another part I've already got for it. Doesn't go with the forend, or any lower I have or can get... causing more frustration than anything.
    Some o'that sweet Magpaul furniture'll fix it right up!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The KMR is understated so I imagine it will look fine. It also has a tool look to it, though, which contrasts the more creative appearance of the fortis, IMO.

Another option to complement that rail and a forged lower is the well respected Vltor MUR upper. And it an understated tool design and less expensive than fortis. You can get with or without FA. That would go well with the KMR.

Example of the MUR on Noveske forged. This photo belongs to Cornbread.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, the MUR is also in the debate. Used to have one though, even matched with a forge lower so I know exactly what it looks like.

Still not sure. We'll see. Probably be either the Fortis or MUR though. MUR has the advantage of having the lower FA and being cheaper. Not sure if I'm partial to the Fortis in appearance, I feel like I might be. No way to know how either would look with a KMR. Google has not been helpful with that.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's one I was considering using with a forged lower. The 2A armament has the lower FA like the MUR but has similar lines to a forged upper. These some pics they sent when I asked how well it would match up with a forged lower. The newer version of this upper doesn't have the flare up front.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 181
Size:  37.1 KB

Views: 167
Size:  38.5 KB

Views: 168
Size:  41.1 KB

http://2a-arms.com/collections/recei...upper-receiver
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's clean.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Here's one I was considering using with a forged lower. The 2A armament has the lower FA like the MUR but has similar lines to a forged upper. These some pics they sent when I asked how well it would match up with a forged lower. The newer version of this upper doesn't have the flare up front.

Views: 181
Size:  37.1 KB

Views: 167
Size:  38.5 KB

Views: 168
Size:  41.1 KB

http://2a-arms.com/collections/recei...upper-receiver
    Hey now that's not bad either! Wonder if the weight they listed is with or without the upper parts kit (guessing not). I know the fortis is advertised with the weight of the kit installed.

Super clean...
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're correct the 7.8 is stripped.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm kinda leaning this way. I've got the matching PWS lower on order, but it'll be at least another 8 months before I see it. I'm half thinking about just letting the Bootleg sit until then, and getting a different, MATCHED set of receivers to finish out this build. No idea which receivers though. Honestly, I really just have no idea what I'm doing at this point.

Sage wisdom.
    Spray paint is like $3/can

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Spray paint is like $3/can
    REALLY?! Where can I get some?!
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    REALLY?! Where can I get some?!
    Clear coat and rustoleum. Jeff Cross used that combo on the CMT 9mm PDW's at the NWSSE. Everyone thought it was powder coated and wanted that to be the finish of the production gun, until he told them what it actually was.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Clear coat and rustoleum. Jeff Cross used that combo on the CMT 9mm PDW's at the NWSSE. Everyone thought it was powder coated and wanted that to be the finish of the production gun, until he told them what it actually was.
    ...that's actually kind of awesome and amusing. Where can I see a pic of this?
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...that's actually kind of awesome and amusing. Where can I see a pic of this?
    Paging James... post some of those CMT PDW Pics!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Yep. I clear coated a couple of my rattle canned rifles and it gave it a slightly bumpy texture (not like sandpaper or anything, just not smooth like spraypaint done properly).

Unless I just HAD to have a woodland pattern or something (probably the only one I'd do), I'll stick to rattle cans. How they look when they get nice and worn is an added bonus.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This one?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    This one?

I saw that pic and thought it was just In the White. Didnt realize there was a finish there.

11B, I may have to go browse some of your photos. Pretty sure I'm not planning to rattlecan anything, but my interest is certainly piqued.
    -One Nation, Under God