Quote Originally Posted by DeskTopWarrior View Post
Just a note about the HK option. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Border Patrol was issued P2000 with a LEM trigger, which is not available on the P30. The P30 has a DA/SA with decocker on the back of the slide.

I have a 40 with the LEM. I've never been able to shoot consistently with it. Glocks are easier for me. I have a 30sf and am about to acquire a 23, both of which I shoot better than my P2000. I think a 17 will be next in the line up.
HK lists the following options for the P30 on their web site.

The P30 Trigger Variants:
P30 (V0):
Innovative safety trigger with concealed cocking piece in the spurred hammer. Centrally located de-cocking button, with a constant enhanced double action only Law Enforcement Modification (LEM)* trigger pull of approximately 4.5 pounds (20 Newtons) without operation of the de-cocking latch, and defined let-off point.

P30 V1:
Innovative safety trigger with concealed cocking piece in the spurrless hammer, without de-cocking button. Constant LEM trigger pull of approximately 4.5 pounds (20 Newtons) and defined let-off point.

P30 V2:
Like P30 V1 but with LEM trigger pull of approximately 7.3 pounds (32.5N).

P30 V3:
Conventional single action/double action (SA/DA) trigger without cocking piece in the hammer with spur and centrally located decocking button.

P30 V4:
Like P30 V1, however LEM trigger pull approximately 6.2 pounds (27.5N).

P30 V6:
Conventional double action only (DAO) trigger without cocking piece in the spurrless hammer. Constant DAO trigger pull of approximately 8.8 pounds (39N).

Not all variants available in some regions.

* also known as Combat Defense Action (CDA)