Quote Originally Posted by PJD642 View Post
I've got to agree with Phil on this one regarding battery quality and apparent parasitic discharge by the Elzetta. I use a Surefire Peacekeeper P1R with a tailswitch swapped out for a clicky-type carried on my belt, and use almost it every day for varying periods of time. Maybe once every two weeks I notice it getting weaker, and I swap it out for a charged spare I carry in the cruiser. Never noticed an appreciable loss from sitting unused, either in the flashlight or in the duty bag.

For a light that might get used once a year or so (like in my personal car's console) I've got one of Gene Malkoff's older model lights with 2 CR123 batteries in it.
Not sure where the idea of parasitic loss was attributed to the light but that’s a baseless, incorrect assumption. No issues with normal batteries for 6-7 months that light has sat idle. It’s directly attributed to the known issues with rechargeable batteries. Even the older Elzettas that use the inferior Malkoff LED’S have never shown an issue.