Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    This thing was the first real 1911 I bought -new.. had many rocks, citadels, few SA,1sig...I’ve been way down and got up again...couldn’t sell it....but even if I end up broke and homeless..this and one certain m&p will always be kept...plus my oldest loves it , so one day it’ll be his.

Nothing real fancy, but out of the box it has ran well, eats everything and WC and cmc mags all day. This is bone stock other then the grips..

It’s a 2012 model, less then 200 of these roughly that year, so there not a custom per say , but next to it. Tight out of the box and after a few K it’s damn near the same and just won’t miss a beat.

Nice looking gun. Heritage? Dan Wesson? Some other brand? Are those the Dahmer grips? I like them!

Reliable is good. Its what we want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -NRA Life Member

-Harleys. Mustangs. When in doubt, throttle out!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by OneGearhead View Post
    Nice looking gun. Heritage? Dan Wesson? Some other brand? Are those the Dahmer grips? I like them!

Reliable is good. Its what we want.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks

Yes a Dan Wesson heritage with Dahmer grips..it doesn’t usually wear them as they are a somewhat project set and just haven’t finished them.

These are right around the $1k mark.. Like I said, I’ve had some higher end SA’s and they weren’t anything this DW is fit and finish, triggers, accuracy. Even though , these and there pointman and another are on Dan Wesson’s “low end” of there offerings ,this thing is full high quality materials out of the box and no MIM parts or plastic mainspring housings etc.

Even the $1k colt 1911 rail model I had didn’t hold a light to this thing.....traded that sloppy mess away..quickly.

Finding shops that carry DW’s aren’t as common but the good/bigger stock stores somewhere around you should have some.

Only problem with this Dan Wesson or any other is...

You will want more..lol..the valor would be my next one or the 9mm guardian...but that new Razorback 10mm...hummm....
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 3 April 2019 at 01:53.