Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I used to be big into USP's, but mine have been shot very little the last 5-6 years, as I've migrated more to striker fired guns. I think I still have 5 USP's all compacts, and a P2000, which was a slight update to the USP that you might want to look at.

Mags have always been in the 35-45 range.
    I'm doing the opposite, and moving away from striker fired pistols, without an external safety. "Keep your finger off the trigger" is not a safety. It's saftey policy every one should practice but I've recently come to the realization that no matter how skilled one might be, that would not hold up in court, if you accidently shot someone. I'm not sure this is truth or fiction, but I've read many times that Gaston Glock himself claimed the trigger "button" was not a safety, but a device to keep the thing from firing in case it was dropped. I've also read Glock was not a "gun guy" just a very talented designer. Anyway no sense in arguing the point, I think it's been debated enough since the 80's.

Funny thing is, I've been shooting 1911's ever since I shot my first one circa 1975-early 76. To this day, my thumb still goes to the safety "position" where a safety on a 1911 would be if the firearm had one. I've still got a few glocks, and an M&P 9mm with an external safety. So it's very natural for me to place my thumb on the safety of the HK. I might just let the Glocks find a new home, or maybe just keep them for SHTF situations, given the availability of parts and the ability to do anything to them without much more than a couple of punches and a muti-tool.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 19 April 2019 at 10:20.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member