Thread: Bench Evolution

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alamo, one step ahead of you. I have the Forster Co-Ax primer to include the primer tray. I love it except it can give some problems on tight primer pockets from crimped brass.

I need to order a custom QC plate for it from Inline Fab.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Alamo, one step ahead of you. I have the Forster Co-Ax primer to include the primer tray. I love it except it can give some problems on tight primer pockets from crimped brass.

I need to order a custom QC plate for it from Inline Fab.
    I have a Dillon Swage tool. That and some Ballistic Tools primer pocket guages and I am good to go. The Dillon tool is the best I have used for that purpose. I don't have to do that very often but when I do that thing saves time, fingers and other stuff. I have it mounted on an Inline plate

That Forster priming tool is great. I haven't mounted mine up yet but that's on purpose. I kind of like it loose and on a flat surface. It's very portable so I can prime while watching baseball. Just get something like a cutting board or my laptop board and you are good to go. The laptop board has a cushion on the bottom but a flat surface on the top. It helps to insert the tubes and not spill primers if it's not bolted down. I used to dread picking up primers one by one. Now I am loving the new to me way.

I always do my priming separately. I have 5 gallon buckets full of primed brass.