Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    XSC in hand. So far so good. Won't be able to carry it for a while until I get a new holster. I need to get used to the controls and practice with it. Just like anything else, skill is more important. One thing I like about it is it's extremely simple. A quick tap turns the light on. If you hold it for like a 10th of a second or longer it is momentary. If nothing else it's simple to activate.

If I had the cash and someone that I liked/trusted it would be interesting to go to a class about using lights in a concealed carry/home defense scenario.

I got the light but until I get more hours on it the jury will be out for a final verdict. First impressions are good though. When the other one from Streamlight comes out I still want to go handle it and do a side by side.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    XSC in hand. So far so good. Won't be able to carry it for a while until I get a new holster.
    This right here, prevents me from getting the newest lights all the time. I think Dave mentioned it before, I'm tired of getting new holsters.

TLR1HL or the X300, unless there is something crazy good new on the market. I get that these are smaller lights, but I've got a drawer full of TLR6 holsters for my Glock 43's and M&P Shields. Definitely keep posting your impressions, maybe I'll get one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    This right here, prevents me from getting the newest lights all the time. I think Dave mentioned it before, I'm tired of getting new holsters.

TLR1HL or the X300, unless there is something crazy good new on the market. I get that these are smaller lights, but I've got a drawer full of TLR6 holsters for my Glock 43's and M&P Shields. Definitely keep posting your impressions, maybe I'll get one.
    Absolutely. I don't have a ton of hosters for this gun. Just one. I try to be very calculated about stuff (as everyone here knows). It's inevitable though that as I learn more I will need different things (like holsters). It's part of the evolution I guess.

The post I just put up about the controls is my biggest first impression. My 'terminology' is mine, but with this light I call constant on the 'primary mode' and momentary 'secondary'. That to me is by far the biggest thing that jumps out at me so far. The more I think about it the more I like that way of thinking.

There are no extra buttons. I've used some light/lasers where you have to toggle through modes and whatever and I precisely don't like that bullshit. Especially if there are buttons on the side of the light. This one is simple. Simple=Superior in my book especially for something along the nature of this. If I am drawing a concealed carry gun 99.9% of the time it's going to be an emergency and that constant on (primary) of tap it and on (vs a slightly longer hold momentary) is actually shaping up to be a big deal. The more I think about it the more I like it. You got one button.

Anyway as I progress in my learning and impressions I will definitely keep all of you updated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another first impression I have is actually a question. But after thinking about it it kind of makes sense.

The programming 'seems' opposite of what an average joe might think they should be. Meaning, if you tap the control it turns the light to constant on. If you hold it for longer it's momentary.

At first that might seem opposite, but if you really think about it, if you are in a situation where you don't have complete control of things or you simply don't have time and where it's really high stress the quick tap/constant on seems fairly smart. You can turn the light on and be on the trigger really fast.

On the other hand if you run into a situation where you had more time to prepare you can use the momentary switch. The momentary takes a slight bit more of an intentional movement.

I think they did it that way because it's a concealed carry centered light. When you need light you need it now and negligent light discharges are much less of a big deal.

I definitely don't pretend to be an expert in the use of lights but I would think if you have a staged up scenario where a SWAT team is raiding some guy's house the needs for different types of primary control (modes) will be different than if some guy tries to get out of his car and attack me in the street.

With the constant on being the primary go to with this light it's really simple to activate and then be on your trigger in order to gain control of the situation.
    That seems intuitive and applicable to any gunfight setting. Look up "Negligent light discharge". That seems to be a focal point of WML usage.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

You have drawers full of that stuff anyway.

Absolutely. I don't have a ton of hosters for this gun. Just one. I try to be very calculated about stuff (as everyone here knows). It's inevitable though that as I learn more I will need different things (like holsters). It's part of the evolution I guess.

The post I just put up about the controls is my biggest first impression. My 'terminology' is mine, but with this light I call constant on the 'primary mode' and momentary 'secondary'. That to me is by far the biggest thing that jumps out at me so far. The more I think about it the more I like that way of thinking.

There are no extra buttons. I've used some light/lasers where you have to toggle through modes and whatever and I precisely don't like that bullshit. Especially if there are buttons on the side of the light. This one is simple. Simple=Superior in my book especially for something along the nature of this. If I am drawing a concealed carry gun 99.9% of the time it's going to be an emergency and that constant on (primary) of tap it and on (vs a slightly longer hold momentary) is actually shaping up to be a big deal. The more I think about it the more I like it. You got one button.

Anyway as I progress in my learning and impressions I will definitely keep all of you updated.
    Simpler is always better. Always. Period. That's why a taser is as far from the look and feel of a pistol as it can get, and is supposed to be worn on the weak/off side.

Stress will f@ck up your days. Train for it.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!