Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Is the ATACR 4-16 too heavy? It's at your price range if you do the .mil purchase.

I seriously looked at the 2.5-20 F1, but I was scared off by the many reports of the small eye box. Sounded like a great scope for the price if you weren't worried about being out of position behind the scope.
    I did look at the ATACR 4-16 but was hoping for a tad bit more magnification

The eyebox on the 2.5-20 NX8 will pose an issue...read a write up that indicated you’ve got to be perfectly behind it or you’ll experience some heavy distortion. If I’m shooting weak hand or from a less than ideal position I need one that’ll be forgiving in that regard.

Thanks for the input. That’s exactly what I’m looking for

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I did look at the ATACR 4-16 but was hoping for a tad bit more magnification
    You know what you need and I'm not trying to convince you otherwise, so I ask this question for my own education since I know you're doing PRS-type events... What does more mag give you? Or maybe the other half of the question is how far out are you shooting? I've taken my NF 4-16 out to 850 on a B/C steel target, and it was very workable, but that was strong side, so I'm curious if part of this is working weak side and/or other parts of it are needing more mag for ranging/PID/etc. I haven't shot PRS, only mildly looked at videos of industry types showing certain kinds of stages, so I certainly don't know what's needed (and obviously different matches have different priorities). As someone who doesn't like a ton of magnification on the tactical/.22 caliber side, I'm just curious to learn what's out there on the .30 cal-type competitions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    You know what you need and I'm not trying to convince you otherwise, so I ask this question for my own education since I know you're doing PRS-type events... What does more mag give you? Or maybe the other half of the question is how far out are you shooting? I've taken my NF 4-16 out to 850 on a B/C steel target, and it was very workable, but that was strong side, so I'm curious if part of this is working weak side and/or other parts of it are needing more mag for ranging/PID/etc. I haven't shot PRS, only mildly looked at videos of industry types showing certain kinds of stages, so I certainly don't know what's needed (and obviously different matches have different priorities). As someone who doesn't like a ton of magnification on the tactical/.22 caliber side, I'm just curious to learn what's out there on the .30 cal-type competitions.
    Not to weigh in something on which I have no experience, but I find it interesting that SOCOM spec'd out the ATACR 7-35x56 for the Mk22 (for 300 Norma and 338 Norma). Kevin Owens comment on the magnification was that you don't have to shoot at 35 power - you can target id and back down to 25 if that's what you want as you do catch a lot of mirage at 35x.