View Poll Results: Which slide are you rockin'?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • ZEV all the way

2 25.00%
  • Agency Arms... all the way

2 25.00%
  • GGP

2 25.00%
  • Faxon

1 12.50%
  • Stock, with an RMR cut

3 37.50%
  • That "Make your own" company for that off the books gat

1 12.50%
  • I like chicken!

5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

The current state of Optic Ready aftermarket slides

So, I've been considering an RMR sight for my G19 for some time now, and I feel that push coming once I get one for another firearm that practically mandates it. So I turn to the brain trust at WEVO (Or should I say Rich, et al. ) for recommendations on an RMR slide. I've been looking at the ZEV Omen, but that slide seems to have gone as quickly as it arrived. Not sure why; to me it struck the balance of looks and function, but something's up with it as it was discontinued on the PDQ. My questions are what are you using and why? Aesthetics are a part of the formula, or else it would be straight Brownell's plainest of plain jane slides. There is a very razor thin line between McLaren Mercedes AMG, and pimped-out ricer and that's cool. Everybody is different, but by now I know I'll be chewing somebody else's flavor and that's cool too, although I do value those "different" touches that separate one's prized daily carry from every other swingin' dick on the line. So dump it in. Answer the poll, say what turns you on or off and I will sit back and learn and reap the fruits of your labors.
    Last edited by Joelski; 4 October 2021 at 14:46.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Post that pic!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely like Chicken.

I don't carry w/ Optic, but I have a few Glocks with optics plate. The first one to get an RMR will be the G19 Gen5 MOS. For something a bit more interesting, I suggest also taking a look at Zaffiri Precision. Nice quality slides and a fair price point and they also have the occasional sale. I expect they'll have some compelling BF deals.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Definitely like Chicken.

I don't carry w/ Optic, but I have a few Glocks with optics plate. The first one to get an RMR will be the G19 Gen5 MOS. For something a bit more interesting, I suggest also taking a look at Zaffiri Precision. Nice quality slides and a fair price point and they also have the occasional sale. I expect they'll have some compelling BF deals.
    I'll agree with the Zaffiri suggestion. Pretty good quality and prices to match. Got a G26 last black Friday, and the slide and barrel have been money for accuracy.

You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to Glock slides. I also have a Brownells $200 special, and the slide is rough, and the RMR fit is not as precise.

ZEV has the best RMR attachment method. They've definitely sued enough people to protect their IP.

Glock MOS's have worked really well for me accuracy wise. I like FCD's RMR plate for MOS's.

Lot of good choices out there. I'm constantly amazed how fast the red dot has caught on in the handgun market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not much to add

Just finally got my first rds for a pistol. Got a holosun new 508t for 275. Haven’t mounted it yet (old brownells slide) cause I’m tracking down screws for it.

I have been in contact and just ordered a slide from Slideworks Engineering. Tons of Glock milling options and for 325 bux you get a new billet slide, milling package of your choice (has a lot of options) , rmr optic cut , top plate and cerakote. I don’t see any better deals and only a 2 weeks lead time.

Just ordered a 17 slide. I’ll post up a pic when it comes in. 325 shipped to my door. Can’t beat it in my opinion.

https://slideworksengineering.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Brownells has a decent slide that pops up in stock every now and then (Gen 3 version on stock now)

A household name company didn’t make the optics ready slide I’ve got...they had some issues with delivering orders in a timely fashion from the website (I bought one that was already at the shop who did the work) and the one the shop guy was using ran well but I’ll definitely go another direction next time just to have a company that can back it up. The smith told me if I had any issues I could return it so I figured what the heck. The only issue I’ve had with that gun is the ghost connector I put in it. Had to take it out and bend it to the correct shape (googled the issue and seemed like It was happening to everyone).

It’s been fun so far and I want an SRO for my next comp gun I think

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Not much to add

Just finally got my first rds for a pistol. Got a holosun new 508t for 275. Haven’t mounted it yet (old brownells slide) cause I’m tracking down screws for it.

I have been in contact and just ordered a slide from Slideworks Engineering. Tons of Glock milling options and for 325 bux you get a new billet slide, milling package of your choice (has a lot of options) , rmr optic cut , top plate and cerakote. I don’t see any better deals and only a 2 weeks lead time.

Just ordered a 17 slide. I’ll post up a pic when it comes in. 325 shipped to my door. Can’t beat it in my opinion.

https://slideworksengineering.com/
    Thanks for the hot tip... I've been looking for a Gen 3 Multicam slide since I've had this Multicam Danger Close frame for some time now. I didn't want to cerakote it separately and was waiting for someone to have to do it in one fell swoop. I'll probably be making an order soon. Good prices like you stated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good input. Next challenge is finding anything that's actually in stock!

I'd not heard of Zaffiri until this thread. Of course they have the same problem as everybody else...

Plenty of gen 3 & 4 stuff, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agency is overpriced

Brownells is the value meal

Slideworks is only a 2 week lead time

And you already have a slide, could just send to SW, jagerwerks or a few other good shops and get what you want sorta.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't really find anything that blows my skirt up. ZEV had the bomb unit and they discontinued it as fast as they put it up. Everything else is too plain, too tacky, or too meh. It's tough being the baby bear.
    Last edited by Joelski; 22 October 2021 at 09:45.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Can't really find anything that blows my skirt up. ZEV had the bomb unit and they discontinued it as fast as they put it up. Everything else is too plain, too tacky, or too me. It's tough being the baby bear.
    I've always been a fan of utilitarian looks for something like an utilitarian tool like a Glock, so I'm not the right customer for all of these various cut designs. For me, if they're not already there, some front serrations and an optics cut works great. I just got back my other G17 slide from DP Customs and it's waiting for me when I get home next week. I'm looking forward to putting my 507T on it and running it, in all it's boring glory. The only down side is that the finish was redone, so it won't look like it has 8,000 rounds through it, which it does. That definitely lessens my range cred. I'll have to off-set that with wearing more Multi-cam and Crye gear, I guess.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Can't really find anything that blows my skirt up. ZEV had the bomb unit and they discontinued it as fast as they put it up. Everything else is too plain, too tacky, or too me. It's tough being the baby bear.
    Dude. You have a slide, send it too Any one of the good company’s, probably a dozen or so. Your worse then me..I’m picky too, but..so many options

Snoop Instagram for motivation

Downloads
    Uploads
    Decided on whim to buy an AIM Surplus slide for $219 to see if it's worth a shit vs say a Brownells slide.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve been eyeing those also. Also seen Arm or Ally has some decent looking options for $175 ish

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still think SE , I mentioned above is the best value for the buck. New slide,Cerakoted, optic cut of your choice, milling package (a lot of options) , suppressor height sights, shipped was just over $300 bux and 2 week turn around.