Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
I'm just reading this thread in awe.... simply because it wasn't that long ago everyone just ran irons on handguns. People now, including me, really are starting to prefer and almost require red dots on handguns. Or maybe it's just because my eyes are getting old and I really like that RDS
My philosophy in general is 'if you aren't evolving you aren't learning'. While I started out with a completely different starting point than you did, what I thought at first was the best, now I don't think that anymore. For me, keeping a skeptical, yet open mind is very important.

To me the STYLE of shooting with dots just makes a whole lot more sense. For example both eyes open was very unnatural for me at first, but I definitely see the value in it. Also for shooting really accurately the dot gives a ton more feedback. In my view it's way better. That 2MOA dot at 10 yards presents a tiny but visible aiming point, and not only that you can physically see when you are moving around. That kind of precision is very difficult to achieve with just irons. Of course it depends on which irons, but I mean in general.

The 'old eyes' thing, I agree 100% as well. In recent years I started using reading glasses so shooting with a dot is much more natural and easy.