Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
I don't think I agree with this, at least if Glock is in the mix. The biggest complaint I hear from Glock haters is the grip angle presents differently than what they are used to. For me, since I'm generally a Glock guy, I lose a bit of time picking up the dot / sight when I shoot something else. Also, triggers on Glock and Sigs are very different, although I honestly don't have enough trigger time on the Sigs to know how much that matters in the "transfers over" category. I have to believe the difference would show up in split times.

Are you training with a shot timer? That's how you'd quantify if these things matter or not.
It's okay to disagree, however it doesn't change my experiences in regards to though. If the argument about angles interfering were to be introduced, I'd ask if we're comparing a 19 to a 17, same gun yet my hands change and needs to adjusted for a 19. However a 17 with the less pronounced hump feels like a 1911 and getting an 1811 module for my Sig gives me the same angle as a 1911. The slight hump on the 17 makes it's easier to use the hump on the VP9.

Remember, this isn't about swapping out my Glock for something else, this is about using my other things too to get me wanting to get out even more and not be bored using the same things. But to answer your question, no I do not but a shooting buddy does. He's going to time me using it all and do a pepsi challenge. If the others do better than I may change. If not, no harm done and I had some nice projects done and a wonderful reference collection. Plus if any visitor gets trapped here during SHTF they'll have gear already there.

As for triggers, finger placement has been the same on every striker I own. If this were to be an argument on having both strikers and DA/SA, then I'd agree with you. However I know what I know already, I've shot them a ton to know they all need the same spot right before the first joint.