Downloads
    Uploads

Leupolds new MK4 series

Having owned a MK5HD, I’m sure the MK4HD is going to be “less”….but I’m going to give one a try on a hunting rifle

I debated building a whole new hunting rifle setup but then realized I was probably not going to shoot matches with the bolt .308 I owned. I needed to lighten my setup so I had my Rem 700 cut down to 16”, dumping the Vortex PST I had on it due to size and weight (the MK4 I want is 4.75” shorter and 10oz lighter) and whenever the MK4 2.5-10x42 comes back into stock on Leupolds site I’m snagging one.

The 2-10x30 MK5HD with the same illuminated reticle as the MK4 I want is almost $1000 more and despite being the better optic, I don’t think I need that level of performance for sub 400yd hunting

And if it turns out it doesn’t suit my needs….I’ll just sell it and try again!

Downloads
    Uploads
    This site claims four in stock ...

https://www.scopelist.com/leupold-ma...flescopes.aspx
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mil discount through Leupold saves enough bones to make it worth waiting for it to come back in stock. Except that anything with tactical/military applications worth buying from Leupold is always out of stock on their website.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Mil discount through Leupold saves enough bones to make it worth waiting for it to come back in stock. Except that anything with tactical/military applications worth buying from Leupold is always out of stock on their website.
    Yeah that’s sort of what I feels like. And I agree, it’s not something I need so badly I can’t wait for, because the difference in price retail vs direct @ MIL pricing is worth it

The new Vortex Viper HD 3-15x44 w/ exposed elevation turret might just be a good substitute to try out in the mean time