Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use an inner/outter belt from Jones Tactical. I like it because the velcro keeps the belt from riding up and its not too obtrusive. The pic below shows it in an old format (and without the inner belt). I've since changed the AR and pistol mag pouches to Blue Force Gear Ten Speed like dual and triple mag pouches. I like the Ten Speed construction for the smooth draw stroke, light weight, and low profile but I'm still undecided on the level of retention.

I like where Stick's going with this (maybe), especially when you take Rob's article " Load Carriage for Training Classes " into consideration. Rob's logic made sense and I since changed my 3-gun setup to reflect what equipment I may have on me when not shooting a match so I'm consistent on and off the range. His advice is something I should've heeded long ago as my wallet can attest to. I'm not implying this is the only way to do it, its just another option and one that made sense to me considering my multiple uses, much like yours.

-Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglyduck View Post
    I use an inner/outter belt from Jones Tactical. I like it because the velcro keeps the belt from riding up and its not too obtrusive. The pic below shows it in an old format (and without the inner belt). I've since changed the AR and pistol mag pouches to Blue Force Gear Ten Speed like dual and triple mag pouches. I like the Ten Speed construction for the smooth draw stroke, light weight, and low profile but I'm still undecided on the level of retention.

I like where Stick's going with this (maybe), especially when you take Rob's article " Load Carriage for Training Classes " into consideration. Rob's logic made sense and I since changed my 3-gun setup to reflect what equipment I may have on me when not shooting a match so I'm consistent on and off the range. His advice is something I should've heeded long ago as my wallet can attest to. I'm not implying this is the only way to do it, its just another option and one that made sense to me considering my multiple uses, much like yours.

Hopefully something similar to that article will be coming out in SWAT soon.

IMHO for anyone outside the military your daily carry pistol in your daily carry holster/location is of the utmost importance. If you must deviate for comfort reasons (such as needing to carry additional load for training/competing) then you should do everything you can to keep your pistol as close as possible to your every day carry spot. Carrying ever day in an IWB at 4 o'clock and training/competing with a drop-leg holster at 3 o'clock is counter-productive in my experience and observation. EVERYTHING ELSE builds from this.

Which is why I'm warming to the battle belts from US Grunt Gear. They let me carry the added load of more mags, dump pouch, light, utility tool, and trauma kit that I want for training but also allow me to put the holster almost exactly where it is on my body every day. From there if I want/need more ammo I can add a light chest rig. Alternate option would be to maintain the daily carry gear on the belt (pistol, light, spare magazine) and use a light chest rig to carry rifle mags, trauma kit, and tool. I tend to like to add one carbine mag in a kydex holder to the belt in this situation as well.

Some other articles you may find helpful or interesting.
    Make Holes, Prevent Holes, Patch Holes - Armor & Load Carriage System

US Grunt Gear Warhog Tactical Padded MOLLE Belt

Evolution of a Chest Rig (kind of a lessons-learned/what-not-to-do thing)
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is excellent information guys! Exactly the kind of information and discussion I was hoping for!