Page 15 of 122 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW!!! So many good photographers. I wish I had half the skill. Here's my current lineup of handguns...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Couldn't add much when I originally encountered this thread in 2009, as I was overseas.

Back home now ...

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dlee25 View Post
    Although I think the SW snubbies are great guns, I have mainly seen just the stainless ones with the rubber grips and found them kinda boring. Your gun is quiet refreshing to see. In fact I will say that is the most wicked looking snub I've seen in a long time! Very very nice!
    Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RowlandP View Post
    WOW!!! So many good photographers. I wish I had half the skill. Here's my current lineup of handguns...

Don't backup from your photos - clear, crisp with nice detail. Thanks for sharing.

I really appreciate the shot of the Ruger. I am on the "Notify List" at Midway for a FastFire III. How do you like the little RDS on the Ruger ?

I looked pretty close at the rail on yours and it seems to have square notches more like a true picatinny. The rail that came with my MK-III 22-45 has rounded notches. I hope the bar on the Burris mount is round and not square. I found a Tac-Sol kydex style holster that is notched for the rail and RDS combo. Hope to have the sight later this month.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the compliment.

The notches on the Ruger rail are indeed rounded. It's the angle that makes them look square. However, I had no problem mounting the FFII using the picatinny mount. It mounts very solidly on the Ruger rail.

As far as the sight goes, I do like it. However, on this handgun, I am more accurate using the open sights than the FFII. The FFII really is better for fast firing with good accuracy. It's not a bullseye sight, at least not for me. I have recently taken the FFII off the Ruger and placed it on top of a 3X scope I have on an AR rifle. It's very good in that role. I'm looking for an actual scope to put on the Ruger.

The FFII is a quality sight. It seems very rugged, the glass is optically perfect (no distortion at all), the dot is a nice size (4 MOA I think), and it has auto-dim feature that actually works. I understand it has auto-off but I've never checked to see if it works. The upcoming FFIII seems like a good upgrade. I have to take my sight off the gun to change the battery (which I haven't had to do yet), but you can leave the FFIII mounted and still change the battery. And I think the FFIII does away with the locking screws my FFII has on the back. My FFII also holds zero very well. It's getting pounding on my AR and hasn't lost zero yet. If the FFII is any indication, you will be very pleased with the FFIII.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great info - thanks for the update !
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I'm here ------------ Smith 696 - a Five Shot .44 Special. Speed Loaders for the Range, Speed Strips for Carry - nice and flat. I don't think I have posted this revolver before.

NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Couldn't add much when I originally encountered this thread in 2009, as I was overseas.

Back home now ...

AC
    AC~ I think I saw this build up over on M4C......I know you wouldn't run anything you didn't think was functional, but would like your opinion on the VZ Carbon 320's. I have 2 Colt's at Mars, and I'm considering a set for both pistols.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Double Tap
    Last edited by rmhtexas; 6 April 2012 at 14:24.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok... I'll play. Please excuse the horrible pics that were taken with my iphone. I'll get some better ones when I can lay my hands on a real camera.

Springfield Professional

By rhtexas at 2012-04-05

H&K 45CT with Pro

By rhtexas at 2012-04-05

By rhtexas at 2012-04-05

Sig P226

By rhtexas at 2011-09-25

Group Photo

By rhtexas at 2012-04-05

Downloads
    Uploads

"Ever notice the sound of a gun being charged is the universal language of dominance?"

Why I own a Grendel: "You don't shoot 6.5 bullets. You toss them in the air, they go downrange on their own."

There are no such things as problems. There are only opportunities for solutions. And I've arrived at a solution for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sig Sauer P220 Stainless Elite. Double protection against dirty rats.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Steyr SPP