Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
3 dB is roughly double the sound pressure, and 10 dB is about double the perceived loudness. Gatordev is right, 7 dB is a big difference, but keep in mind that comparing suppressors is only relevant when they're tested on the same gun with the same ammo one after another.

For instance, silencer shop showed the omega being 6-7 dB louder than silencerco's posted data, but it isn't an apples to apples comparison since it was different ammo/barrels/weather.

If you're in the mid 130's then that's all you can really expect.
There are too many formulas involved to figure out how they measure noise.

That said my MAIN purpose for getting a suppressor at all is for maximum noise reduction. Of course this is all within reason.

On Griffin's website they list the Recce 5 as 38 DB on a 16" barrel which is what it's going to be on. I would assume it would be relatively close. So let's just say my gun blasts 165 DB right now I would be at least at 130... but the sonic crack is about 140...

At this point I guess it's a matter of being patient and seeing when they will get back in. I will try to get that answer first and if they say 'two weeks' then that's ok. If they say 3 to 6 months that's a whole different story. Depending on what kind of answer I get I might explore other options (IE buying online somewhere).

I don't like being patient though. It takes too long.