Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
I didn't know about Dave, but I agreed with the little I had time to read when I did a google search. One of the smartest finical moves I ever did was ditching the plastic and now paying almost everything in cash. Lots more $ at the end of the month for gun parts when you don't have interest piling up.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack, back to topic. Luis you said you were planning to use this upper for T&E, but would it ever be pressed into a defensive role? Home built uppers are fun projects and often amazing shooters but I would never depend on them personally. On the flip side though, if it's purely a recreational upper building it allows you to piece it out slowly instead of having one big investment. If I was you though I'd be whipping out 10 pastrami sandwiches and panhandling for 300$ :D
I can see both sides to this. I've seen plenty of jacked up factory uppers as well as home built. Far more home builds than factory though.

Lots of people have told me that they can build their own uppers, and upon closer inspection, they are crap.

BUT... this isn't putting together the space shuttle. I would and do trust my own builds as much as factory ones when I have enough down range with any upper. At least 500 minimum without malfunctions.