Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Something I read today on another forum (or maybe it was a comment section): "Looks like a M2 mated with an i8."
    Funny you mention the i8, they had one in the showroom and it looks a lot better in person. I think that technology will slowly make its way into future cars at a lower price point. Apparently, they sell virtually every i8 they make. I can't imagine the production number is big though at 150k per car.

Briefly considered waiting for the M2, but since this wasn't going to be mine, the 235 with the M treatment was about as close as I was going to get the wife to consider a true M Car.

Ass End

Name:  IMG_2285.JPG
Views: 247
Size:  538.3 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Funny you mention the i8, they had one in the showroom and it looks a lot better in person. I think that technology will slowly make its way into future cars at a lower price point. Apparently, they sell virtually every i8 they make. I can't imagine the production number is big though at 150k per car.

Briefly considered waiting for the M2, but since this wasn't going to be mine, the 235 with the M treatment was about as close as I was going to get the wife to consider a true M Car.

Ass End
    I sat in an i8 at the dealer a couple of weeks ago. It was...different. Not necessarily bad, but just getting into the thing was like getting into something in the '90's that was made to look like it was from the future in a movie.

The M2 was on my radar, but I can't buy a car I've never test-driven, and unless I go to a class up at Greer again, a test drive isn't going to happen for at least another year with availability. Also, apparently the guy that's been driving around the SE demo'ing the car to dealers has told multiple dealers (not just salesmen) that the car is pretty tough on the body as a daily driver.

At the end of the day, I think you made a great choice.