Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, your goal seems to fall in line pretty well with the target of this exercise.

Which BCG were you looking at trying, Stick?
    Will this be fed low end ammunition (will affect buffer choice)
    Is budget going to be a consideration if possible (e.g. to demonstrate how affordable an utterly reliable AR-15 can be, or is this a no-expenses spared endurance machine?)
    The suppressor provision is the last open question I can think of. I'm assuming QD (so it can be ran on extreme firing schedules if desired, or if placed on the Wolf diet), and the choice would be among the AAC line (M4-2000 or SPR-M4)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    Well, your goal seems to fall in line pretty well with the target of this exercise.

Which BCG were you looking at trying, Stick? No idea at this point, I think there are a lot of quality ones out there. If someone thinks that one will work better than another, I'm open to it. I've kicked around the idea of the LMT enhanced, but thats just an idea at this point.

Will this be fed low end ammunition (will affect buffer choice)? Its going to be fed everything, with the possible exception of Wolf as I really just don't do much with Wolf ammo. I don't have anything against it, with the exception of disliking that they raised their prices so much.

Is budget going to be a consideration if possible (e.g. to demonstrate how affordable an utterly reliable AR-15 can be, or is this a no-expenses spared endurance machine?) I don't expect this one to be on the cheap side. Actually, it might lean towards the obscene side when you figure in what I want to do with it. Most people don't build a weapon not caring if their parts break. We will be actively encouraging it to happen, at least within realistic means.

The suppressor provision is the last open question I can think of. I'm assuming QD (so it can be ran on extreme firing schedules if desired, or if placed on the Wolf diet), and the choice would be among the AAC line (M4-2000 or SPR-M4) It would be nice to use a can, and the QD would allow us to run a can at times, and pull it as needed. Thats not carved in stone at this point.

Matt- I think its pretty cool that you are making a build along similar lines.