Downloads
    Uploads

POF Charging Handle

Just a quick note. I bought one of the POF Strike Eagle charging handles. It's definitely good to go. I've never used anything from POF before but their reputation is quite good so you would expect quality.

They definitely delivered a good one on this product for sure. While I haven't tried a ton of handles this one is easily near the top of the list of what I have used. Fit, finish, ergonomics, looks...it definitely doesn't have any major flaws at all.

Just to give perspective I've owned a Radian charging handle before. They are quite good as well. In direct comparison to that though the POF feels even more robust in the hand. Please don't take that as a knock on Radian because their stuff is awesome.

I don't have any pics (sorry) but you can look em up online and proceed with confidence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a Geissele and a Radian got romantic.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Looks like a Geissele and a Radian got romantic.
    LOL!

I've never handled a Geissele charging handle but I'm pretty sure that would be near the top of the heap as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I expected more than a drive by GTG post from you dude. Especially since you're all about the actual use/function.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I expected more than a drive by GTG post from you dude. Especially since you're all about the actual use/function.
    I guess I could do that if anyone wants to know. It's a fairly simple, yet very important part. I thought about writing a summary but for the audience here almost all of you have way more experience than I do. I don't need to tell any of you what a bad charging handle is.

If anything I do way more learning from you guys than the other way around.

I don't know how to describe it but if you have ever picked up something that felt just 'quality', my first impressions are just like that. I haven't done any long term use yet. Just a few days of shooting here and there. I definitely like it so far. That however is not saying that I won't or don't like other things too.

I like things that are a good bang for the buck. This one is in line price wise with it's peers and by all forms of observation seems like a quality piece of equipment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post

I don't know how to describe it but if you have ever picked up something that felt just 'quality', my first impressions are just like that. I haven't done any long term use yet. Just a few days of shooting here and there. I definitely like it so far. That however is not saying that I won't or don't like other things too.
    Yep, I know what you're talking about. I get there's not a lot of in depth review to speak of for a charging handle, but I'm reminded of recent Aero Breach handles that were breaking. They feel solid, but you never know what issues that haven't been sorted out yet just based on appearances.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Yep, I know what you're talking about. I get there's not a lot of in depth review to speak of for a charging handle, but I'm reminded of recent Aero Breach handles that were breaking. They feel solid, but you never know what issues that haven't been sorted out yet just based on appearances.
    While I am not a Navy Seal Ninjitsu Warrior or anything like that I view a charging handle as a critical component. That one piece could easily put you out of 'the fight' or at least kill your range day should it break. I personally think a lot of people overlook the importance of it.

If the handle has sharp edges that chew your fingers or at very least are kind of painful to use, that really sucks. Same thing if you get pinched or whatever.

The overall thing about it (to me) is whether or not it will break or wear out pre-maturely. I've seen some where the overall design put stress points on really specific areas (vs spreading out the load) and those types of issues lead to breakage. They might feel great out of the box, but long term use could mean something else once wear sets in.

Small things can easily turn into big things. I've seen it happen where a gun had a malfunction and a live round was stuck in the chamber. When they tried to rip it out to extract the round, the BCG didn't move but one of the levers on the charging handle sure did. After that it turned into a royal pain in the ass.

All that being said, even if you are going on some random range trip, if your charging handle breaks that's a big possibility to put you out for the day. Unless someone is shooting 100 rounds per year I personally think it's worth investing in a better charging handle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Biggest pile of shit piston gun I've ever had the displeasure of trying to get to function along with nonexistant CS. Probably good if they stick to simple items like charging handles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Biggest pile of shit piston gun I've ever had the displeasure of trying to get to function along with nonexistant CS. Probably good if they stick to simple items like charging handles.
    I have zero experience with them as a company and (until now) I've never touched a single product of theirs. I've watched a few videos on them, particularly the meltdown video from IV8888. Really I don't know anything about them as a company.

That being said, how long ago, and what ultimately was the outcome of your experience? What was the underlying issue(s)?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I would also agree. Maybe things have changed since the dbag owner died…..but probably not.