Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    So a quick tid bit today, I finally got some extensive use out of my SF optimized bolt carrier today. Had a 3 day entry class this week, and on the final day, I decided to use one of my personal carbines for the live fire drills. Decided to throw in the SF carrier and a Dead Air Sandman K at the end of a CMT build with a 10.5 Ballistic Advantage Barrel. Gun has no other gas mitigation systems and no adjustable gas block.

Barely any gas in the face after 600 rounds. It was a pleasure to shoot and I would say there is no more gas in the face than a non-suppressed gun. I'll need to run the gun a little more, but so far, I'm impressed with the results and looking forward to building another dedicated suppressed gun around a 2nd SF carrier I have.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

Barely any gas in the face after 600 rounds. It was a pleasure to shoot and I would say there is no more gas in the face than a non-suppressed gun. I'll need to run the gun a little more, but so far, I'm impressed with the results and looking forward to building another dedicated suppressed gun around a 2nd SF carrier I have.
    I understand you may not be able to answer this yet, but figured I'd ask the question... Would you say this is a better purchase if you're trying to shoot/tame a SHORT SBR versus a "standard" SBR (like a 14.5)? Seems like the 10.3/10.5 (and maybe the 11.5) might benefit more from this than a 14.5. Obviously gas port design comes into play, so I understand it's a loaded question. Other than my 416s, I tend to build/request reduced gas port designs, so I guess I live in a "more" perfect world...if that makes sense. But even given that, an ADCO 10.3 suppressed still pushes the gas, even if it's not as bad as a commercial upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I understand you may not be able to answer this yet, but figured I'd ask the question... Would you say this is a better purchase if you're trying to shoot/tame a SHORT SBR versus a "standard" SBR (like a 14.5)? Seems like the 10.3/10.5 (and maybe the 11.5) might benefit more from this than a 14.5. Obviously gas port design comes into play, so I understand it's a loaded question. Other than my 416s, I tend to build/request reduced gas port designs, so I guess I live in a "more" perfect world...if that makes sense. But even given that, an ADCO 10.3 suppressed still pushes the gas, even if it's not as bad as a commercial upper.
    I'm going to say yes, only because I don't recall as much gas in the face shooting 14.5" suppressed previously vs a 10.3/5...but I'm wondering now if I should try to shoot it on 14.5" SBR and see what kind of difference I notice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm going to say yes, only because I don't recall as much gas in the face shooting 14.5" suppressed previously vs a 10.3/5...but I'm wondering now if I should try to shoot it on 14.5" SBR and see what kind of difference I notice.
    I had to go back to see what we were even discussing... So since my question, I ended up grabbing a Bootleg from...someone...I think Big Tex or Bauer. I've shot it exactly 0 times, but someone who I respect as a shooter (and otherwise) has had great luck on a 10.x suppressed SBR with the Bootleg, so I'm still interested. Maybe in the future I'll look at the SF, but I would still welcome reports.