Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just my $0.02, but corrosion shouldn't be a problem with an aluminum receiver. Birchwood Casey makes an Aluminum Black that will "stain" the unfinished portion. I would use that, if it were me. You could send it back, and they will make it right, but you're out of the usage while the fix is being done. Hope this helps.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Just my $0.02, but corrosion shouldn't be a problem with an aluminum receiver. Birchwood Casey makes an Aluminum Black that will "stain" the unfinished portion. I would use that, if it were me. You could send it back, and they will make it right, but you're out of the usage while the fix is being done. Hope this helps.
    If it won't corrode then it's in a place that will be inside of the gun. Everything else appears good.

This is probably my 10th order (or more) from them. I will email them just to see what they say.

Not super concerned other than it's a $250 lower. These things happen. Once the gun is together though you cannot see it even if you separate the upper and lower.

I don't know jack squat about metals though so I want to make sure corrosion won't be an issue.