Thread: Streamlight

Downloads
    Uploads

Streamlight

I know everyone is not necessarily a fan of Streamlight. I have a few. Just wanted to say something about their customer service.

I was replacing the batteries in a TLR-1s and the latch portion of the battery tube snapped off. That was on a Monday.

I looked online at their warranty policy ... "Lifetime Warranty". I sent them an email, and received a reply in less than an hour with an RMA number.

I mailed the broken light Tuesday morning.

I received a new TLR-1s the following Tuesday (today). Just my humble opinion, but that is excellent customer service.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a fan of Streamlight. They've always treated me well and their lights may not be Surefire/Modlite, etc, but they are 95% there and for half the cost. I'm a fan.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two microstreams (one USB 250/50 and one AAA 45 lumen) and one Macrostream USB (500/50 Lumen)

I had an issue with a microstream…was my second one after I replaced one I lost. It wouldn’t stay clicked on. Called Streamlight, they told me to dispose of the old one if I wanted and I had a new one within 3-4 days in the mail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad it worked out for you, Jerry, but to me, Streamlight's customer service seems a lot like Vortex's CS. It's very good because it gets exercised a lot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have a Streamlight WML but I do have a Streamlight HPL that's been hanging on a charger in the utility room by the back door since 2017. Used 100x more than any of my Malkoff, Surefire... blah blah blah.

A handheld that's always fully charged and where ya can find it... priceless. No need for CS.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 7 April 2022 at 14:42.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had one on a RECCE for a good 5 years now and it still works fine. That rifle gets shot at least once or twice a month, so easily more often than the average cop rifle.

FWIW: A US NAVY SEAL Recon Rifle has a 16" match grade barrel, mid-length gas system, 2 stage trigger and LPVO and the design was adapted from the SPR to "fit-in" with infantry and other standard issue groups so as not to stand out as the DMR guy in the crowd.

There is NO SUCH THING as a "Mini RECCE" (Hello BCM). Mine isn't a cut-down 18" Douglas Barrel, so sue me. I did get the specs from a real life Navy SEAL to build my rifle. You can google the NSW-Crane specs yourself.

My upper also doesn't sit on a COLT lower, so sue me again (You'll get the same amount as the first time). Although I should maybe refer to it as RECCE-ish, I don't feel obligated as so many people call their carbines RECCEs.

Thank you. [/soapbox]
    Last edited by Joelski; 8 April 2022 at 15:39.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    A little late to this party, but a quick question. I just bought a Streamlight TRL-3 for one of my H&K USP compacts. Mainly because it was one of the few that I could find that mounted on the USP compact pistols. It was on sale at Brownells for a little over a $100 bucks plus tax. I thought I'd try one of these just for fun, I don't carry any pistols with lights, and didn't want to blow a fortune on a light that I may not care for anyway. This is for a house gun, and I alternate carry guns mostly between USP's and 1911's, plus a SA 1911 9mm. Would anyone recommend this light for a "couch" gun, as far as durable and reliable enough for a " home - defense" weapon, where it probably would never see rough handling, or hard use?

Thanks,
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT,
    I have several. Some on pistols, some on AR's. Lots of rounds down range, zero issues (except the one I started this thread with). One is on my nightstand gun. I don't think you will be disappointed.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    FT,
    I have several. Some on pistols, some on AR's. Lots of rounds down range, zero issues (except the one I started this thread with). One is on my nightstand gun. I don't think you will be disappointed.
    Good to know Jerry. I know one could spend a fortune on pistol lights, but just to see if it will keep my interest or go in the "pile", I really didn't want to spend that kind of money. For, as you said, a nightstand gun, it will (hopefully) never need to see some kind of odd heavy usage. Sturdy and reliable is good for me. Thanks.
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Good to know Jerry. I know one could spend a fortune on pistol lights, but just to see if it will keep my interest or go in the "pile", I really didn't want to spend that kind of money. For, as you said, a nightstand gun, it will (hopefully) never need to see some kind of odd heavy usage. Sturdy and reliable is good for me. Thanks.
    FT
    I think the Streamlight TLR-1HL is one of the best weapon lights on the market. Streamlight also offers lights at a great price point. Yeah, Modlite, Cloud Defensive are the new hotness on the block, but for $120, Streamlights offerings are hard to beat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    A little late to this party, but a quick question. I just bought a Streamlight TRL-3 for one of my H&K USP compacts. Mainly because it was one of the few that I could find that mounted on the USP compact pistols. It was on sale at Brownells for a little over a $100 bucks plus tax. I thought I'd try one of these just for fun, I don't carry any pistols with lights, and didn't want to blow a fortune on a light that I may not care for anyway. This is for a house gun, and I alternate carry guns mostly between USP's and 1911's, plus a SA 1911 9mm. Would anyone recommend this light for a "couch" gun, as far as durable and reliable enough for a " home - defense" weapon, where it probably would never see rough handling, or hard use?

Thanks,
    FT
    This is mine, but you'll find plenty of pics just like it. IMO, it would be nice if SF would just tell you WTF light to put on a certain gun without having to re-read the story about A vs. B every time you look at pistol lights.

Name:  20170103_223642-1.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  2.65 MB
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!