Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Curious why you went with the MOS. Just like the stock glock with the option to put an RMR on it? I always felt the optic was too high on the MOS. Preferred milled slides vs the MOS.
    I guess I can chalk it up to lack of research and impulsive buying habits. I've been wanting to try a pistol with an RMR on it. I like the dot sights on my AR's and thought it would be worth a try on a pistol. My dad actually got me thinking about it when we were at the range together last and he was complaining about his eye sight and ability/inability to attain a good sight picture. This was something I thought might work for him but I knew he would never buy one as he's 80 and pretty set in his ways. I knew the only way I'd get him to try one would be to buy one and let him give it a whirl.

The MOS seemed the affordable option. What would you have recommended? I did think about having Karr Firearms in Kent do a milled slide for my HK USP 9mm. Would they be able to do that for a Trijicon RMR on that pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    Have you considered the Burris fastfire 3? I can buy them locally for under 3 bills. On their site they say it works well with the glock MOS.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/sights/f...ies/fastfire-3

Also there is a seller on fleabay with new ones for $200
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I'm really leaning more and more toward the RMR though. It's durability and quality seem it would be worth the few extra bucks in the long run.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by old11bravo View Post
    I guess I can chalk it up to lack of research and impulsive buying habits. I've been wanting to try a pistol with an RMR on it. I like the dot sights on my AR's and thought it would be worth a try on a pistol. My dad actually got me thinking about it when we were at the range together last and he was complaining about his eye sight and ability/inability to attain a good sight picture. This was something I thought might work for him but I knew he would never buy one as he's 80 and pretty set in his ways. I knew the only way I'd get him to try one would be to buy one and let him give it a whirl.

The MOS seemed the affordable option. What would you have recommended? I did think about having Karr Firearms in Kent do a milled slide for my HK USP 9mm. Would they be able to do that for a Trijicon RMR on that pistol?

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I'm really leaning more and more toward the RMR though. It's durability and quality seem it would be worth the few extra bucks in the long run.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with impulse buying, I'm subject to that as well from time to time.

Personally, I would have opted for a milled slide specifically for an optic over the MOS, or even an M&P CORE. I know the first option is more expensive and the second isn't even a Glock, so I can see why you went with the MOS. Perhaps you'll actually like how the optic sits on the gun.

I haven't ever used CaR Firearms, but I've only heard good things about their gunsmithing abilities.

Looking forward to the range report.