Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    The intent of this is just a range trainer, so the ammo used would pretty much be 115gr ball. That said, after perusing the options here, I think I'm leaning towards the Banshee upper with an existing lower/mag adapter. Seems to be a functional answer that's under budget, even after buying the adapters. I can use an already Form 1'ed lower I have and grab an in-stock short upper. I still need to do some more research on the uppers.

Probably the quickest way to get my original range to open back up is to buy this and then I won't need it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    The intent of this is just a range trainer, so the ammo used would pretty much be 115gr ball. That said, after perusing the options here, I think I'm leaning towards the Banshee upper with an existing lower/mag adapter. Seems to be a functional answer that's under budget, even after buying the adapters. I can use an already Form 1'ed lower I have and grab an in-stock short upper. I still need to do some more research on the uppers.

Probably the quickest way to get my original range to open back up is to buy this and then I won't need it.
    Figured you'd be a Colt 6951 guy. Kind of a set it and forget it like you're looking for, and if you want to dump it, you'll get what you paid.

Also you mentioned mags for the Colt. Try the Duramags. They have worked well for me and are around $20.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Figured you'd be a Colt 6951 guy. Kind of a set it and forget it like you're looking for, and if you want to dump it, you'll get what you paid.

Also you mentioned mags for the Colt. Try the Duramags. They have worked well for me and are around $20.
    Initially I was figuring that was the way I'd go, but the Banshee upper is an interesting option. The other benefit of going with the Colt is I can pop off the FSP and throw a spare C4 10" rail on there and it matches a lot of my other configurations of a 10-inch-ish rail system on short guns.

Good to hear about the Duramags. I saw them listed for decent prices.