Lol..I knew the defense would come out..No need to sell me on anything.. I Do My own research in this area and don’t need to ask 87 questions...

OK..I’ll play since it’s hot and the ginger is burning up.. :)

Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
It isn't all about muzzle velocity.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I’ve seen that and lots of videos comparing the grendel..

It still doesn’t impress me, remember the hype on the Valkyrie..lol..ya.. 224 grendel kills it in every way..

90’s at 3000+
75’s at 3300-3400
55’s at 3550+

You really want to shine, why not build one of the record holding PRC’s?

Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
At the end of the day the 6 ARC has a whole lot more versatility. You can shoot a much larger array of bullets and be effective with them.

Wrong..and your opinion..What versatility? Higher ammo costs and availability ?

In the ARC you can go from 50 something all the way up to 115 including the highest BC bullets available in 6mm. This same thing is not true with the Grendel. Once you get to like 120ish grain bullets you are maxed out. Those bigger longer, higher BC bullets in 6.5 can't be pushed fast enough or far enough for them to be effective.

Again wrong, you are not maxed out at 120 with the 6.5 grendel...lol..shows what you know..there is much heavier bullets and a small selection of subsonic stuff is trickling out now

With 6.5 mid 120's and down is what you get. With the 6ARC I can run all the way up to 115gr DTAC which I think are the heaviest 6mm available.

Again..phuck ing wrong

When you get into ballistics and all that stuff is where the ARC shines. If you are shooting bambi at 200 yards either of them however will be extremely effective. I built mine (6ARC) with the sole purpose of having a longer range target rifle.

Again , why not build a better, proven round if you truly want long range.. shit, you can lob .556/77’s out to a grand... grendel even farther, and I’m not raving, but I picked up a barrel cheap and so far it’s been the best shooter of the bunch and see no reason to switch out the barrel for what I see..
Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
I assembled a 24” Bartlein in 6ARC with a Seekins upper/lower for a friend recently

He’s all over the 2” poppers at 500yds using 108gr. I want to say it’s in the high 2600fps range.
That’s not bad, but still, if just shooting steel, 556/grendel already gets you their..

To each their own. I work with what I got and shoot it, change shit as I see fit.. Better then 90% of keyboard commandos just running their mouth and not shooting.

But how is the 6mm arc build doing Alamo? What’s ammo costing ya..any more threads on it?? Lol