Thread: "Vehicle Guns"

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    I gave this some actual thought earlier, and came up with a solution that would be better for me. A 300 BO pistol in 8 or 9 inches, would be using a Stag LH upper and BCG (I'm a southpaw, pistol gas sends brass to my face past the deflector on a RH), subsonic only, with a LT folder and a short featureless pistol buffer tube with a Phase 5 tube cover.

Short, foldable for transport in a discrete backpack, low round count SHTF only other than a zero because I don't want to invest or reload for 300 BO as it's a niche to me and this thread fits the bill for it's niche role, and not as traumatically loud as 5.56 with a can on it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    I gave this some actual thought earlier, and came up with a solution that would be better for me. A 300 BO pistol in 8 or 9 inches, would be using a Stag LH upper and BCG (I'm a southpaw, pistol gas sends brass to my face past the deflector on a RH), subsonic only, with a LT folder and a short featureless pistol buffer tube with a Phase 5 tube cover.

Short, foldable for transport in a discrete backpack, low round count SHTF only other than a zero because I don't want to invest or reload for 300 BO as it's a niche to me and this thread fits the bill for it's niche role, and not as traumatically loud as 5.56 with a can on it.
    I have a 9" SBR and even with subs that thing is brutal if shooting unsuppressed.

To me what caliber and all that is going to depend on how I ultimately approach this. If I can figure out some mounting system or if I ultimately go with a backpack type system is TBD.

Honestly I am not sure what approach is best. IE some kind of system where I can grab and go as a primary, especially as I am the only one driving my car, can potentially can get a little cumbersome. That said if something crazy happens it's not at all an issue to stage a rifle in a case by case situation.

The other idea is to have it more secure even if it means a minute or two to access it. I will still definitely have a pistol with me too. One thing I do want to do though is have it available from inside the car if at all possible. Lots to consider.