Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
I completely understand what you're saying. I think we have similar builds and I've found similar issues with RDS in general if I don't make the effort to bring the gun to my head rather than the other way around, resulting in contorting my neck. Not saying that's what you're doing, but that I understand how angles can be a consideration.
All of which is well and good when standing on your hind legs, banging away at line-dancing class or the public range, or plinking. Same applies anytime you're upright, not under a time pressure, and shooting un-encumbered.

Add a timer, a 9-hole wall, and targets downrange that are partially obscured, and all the "bring the gun to the head" in the world just doesn't help the fact that the micros are less forgiving.

In those scenarios, you can't even bring the head to the gun fully, let alone do it the "right"way. This comes from not only my own experience but watching other shooters of various skill levels spend more time hunting for the dot/target than they should be with the little optics.

My usual go-to optic is a TA33, which is extremely unforgiving of head placement but at least it comes with a clear benefit in the form of magnification. The on,y benefit to the micro is weight and bulk reduction, which I'm all in favor of until it affects performance.

Once upon a time I would structure my next practice session around this and come back with times and scores from multiple shooters to prove my point, but now I just don't care. I'm only concerned with my own performance, which I know suffers with a micro vs a 30mm, and which I'm confident the vast majority of shooters will never experience because their definition of "shooting" differs from my own. I only offer my take here because there may be one or two that get something from it or resist the urge for "new hotness" because they realize their old isn't really busted.

I'd still like a PRO with a non-QD mount, at $350 MAP.