Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads
    Midway has Gold Dot bullets in stock and on sale. Picked up some 62 and 75gr which I hadn't seen available for quite a while.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Midway has Gold Dot bullets in stock and on sale. Picked up some 62 and 75gr which I hadn't seen available for quite a while.
    I really wanted to try out some 75 grainers but they were all gone before I could get there. I did though buy some 62's. I am curious as to what kind of velocities I can get out of my 10.5.

I have several thousand 75 grain Hornady bullets, so if I can pick up some 75 grain gold dot bullets and/or ammo I would consider switching from the 77 grain that I use now. I could have a single zero and not have to mess around because I could just make everything about the same.

That being said I am not sure about the velocities of factory SPEER ammo out of 10.5 in barrel. If I recall the SPEER factory ammo is pretty anemic especially out of a short barrel. Which would mean I would either stick with my 77's or use my handloads for home defense.