Page 25 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: MAIL CALL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    And.... there goes that.
    Yeah, didn't mean to burst your bubble, but I wanted to be sure you knew that if 300 BLK is your intended use.

Looking forward to Jim's results!
    "There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong." - H.L. Mencken

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    Dude... I'm so addicted to stamps nothing is unsuppressed anymore!
    Seriously tho, suppressed. And it did help. I plan on going back to the range this week and I'll take the original spring setup with me to test 'side by side'

I saw those directions too... see my note above, I'll take my 300BLK SBR and test my subs with it too. I can't promise I'll make the range, as the fish are running and the wife is nagging, but I may be able to squeak it in.
    Right on.

Geissele ought to make an AR-10 version of the spring. I haven't shot it yet, but it sounds like i can expect my RA Ultramatch .308 barrel to be overgassed and a beefy spring would help some.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchTerror View Post
    Yeah, didn't mean to burst your bubble, but I wanted to be sure you knew that if 300 BLK is your intended use.

Looking forward to Jim's results!
    Good info though. I thought about trying one out anyway, but maybe after I decide what I can use it on, I'll put in an order.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Happy first father's day to me!

Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Happy first father's day to me!

That's some good looking gear!
    Graphic Designer
    Instagram: @EO3actual

Downloads
    Uploads
    Talk about needing a wide angle lens for Father's Day to get a pic of all the surprises.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All that just for breeding? All the people that do it for free will be so jealous!

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Good info though. I thought about trying one out anyway, but maybe after I decide what I can use it on, I'll put in an order.
    Hey UW!
    Had a fun day at the range, and I can confirm a couple of things... first off, the Geissele 42 whatever spring/buffer setup does in fact reduce the TWANG significantly over other spring except the JP Silent Capture. I tested it with 5.56 Winchester bulk box ammo against a generic carbine, a JP "Custom Centerless Ground and Polished Operating Spring" spring, the JP Silent and the Geissele. Of all of them, the Silent Capture was silent. Duh. But the generic was TWANGY TWANGY, the JP custom was a little twangy, the silent was silent and the Geissele 42 whatever was not really Twangy, but a little 'springy' sounding - the best of the 'normal' springs. Mine will certainly stay in the 5.56 SBR I have with the LAW folder since I cannot use a Silent Capture in it.

Second is that the Geissele 42 thingy did in fact run and function flawlessly with my 300BLK SBR. I have upgraded my Silent Capture I normally run to the next level spring from the spring pack, and adjusted the SLR gas block another notch open, but it is not anywhere near fully open. I did everything from a mag dump to check BHO and not a single issue. I would not hesitate to run it if I didn't already have the silent capture setup.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    All that just for breeding? All the people that do it for free will be so jealous!

My wife wants two more babies, so she's making it worthwhile. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    My wife wants two more babies, so she's making it worthwhile. :)
    Damn, dude! You're on track to score your own LGS!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Little package from Silencerco showed up today. Now just to get my cans out of jail.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 171
Size:  1.25 MB
    Last edited by SINNER; 18 June 2016 at 18:52.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Little package from Silencerco showed up today. Now just to get my fans out of jail.

Nice! You're gonna love the Salvo12... do yourself a favor and get some of the 980FPS ammo. STUPID quiet. And I got my Mossberg 930JM Pro cycling with it
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Little package from Silencerco showed up today. Now just to get my cans out of jail.

Nice pull, best deal on Raptors I've ever seen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchTerror View Post
    Take a look at the instructions. It makes mention that the spring may be too strong to run 300BLK subsonic.

https://geissele.com/super-42-braide...fer-combo.html
    Dude... I'm so addicted to stamps nothing is unsuppressed anymore!
    Seriously tho, suppressed. And it did help. I plan on going back to the range this week and I'll take the original spring setup with me to test 'side by side'

I saw those directions too... see my note above, I'll takemy 300BLK SBR and test my subs with it too. I can't promise I'll make the range, as the fish are running and the wife is nagging, but I may be able to squeak it in.
    Hey UW!
    Had a fun day at the range, and I can confirm a couple of things... first off, the Geissele 42 whatever spring/buffer setup does in fact reduce the TWANG significantly over other spring except the JP Silent Capture. I tested it with 5.56 Winchester bulk box ammo against a generic carbine, a JP "Custom Centerless Ground and Polished Operating Spring" spring, the JP Silent and the Geissele. Of all of them, the Silent Capture was silent. Duh. But the generic was TWANGY TWANGY, the JP custom was a little twangy, the silent was silent and the Geissele 42 whatever was not really Twangy, but a little 'springy' sounding - the best of the 'normal' springs. Mine will certainly stay in the 5.56 SBR I have with the LAW folder since I cannot use a Silent Capture in it.

Second is that the Geissele 42 thingy did in fact run and function flawlessly with my 300BLK SBR. I have upgraded my Silent Capture I normally run to the next level spring from the spring pack, and adjusted the SLR gas block another notch open, but it is not anywhere near fully open. I did everything from a mag dump to check BHO and not a single issue. I would not hesitate to run it if I didn't already have the silent capture setup.
    Good info. Thanks for the report, Jim.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! You're gonna love the Salvo12... do yourself a favor and get some of the 980FPS ammo. STUPID quiet. And I got my Mossberg 930JM Pro cycling with it
    I honestly can't wait to get the Salvo. Worst part is the cost of the adapters. Too many damn different shotguns. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    Nice pull, best deal on Raptors I've ever seen.
    Yeah by far they were the cheapest I've ever seen the Raptors. Had to grab a few for under $60. I have a hard time paying normal prices for the Raptors because honestly I like the Mega's more. Seems the Mega's are nowhere to be found right now.