Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Almost gone - need knife

Haven't said anything, because I figured no one would G.A.F. anyway, but I came within about a day of dying over the holidays. Actually, almost on my birthday.

Well hell must hate me, because I made it and am still here. The reason I'm posting this is because I'm missing one last check mark on my bucket list.

Ever since I was a young teen, I've wanted to hunt Africa, so before I almost croak again, I'm checking that spot on my bucket list. God willing, I'm going to Africa, not this summer (their winter) but the next spring/summer (theirs). I have about everything I need, including a .375 H&H for dangerous game, but my real destiny is to meet a Cape Buffalo face to face and duke it out.

One thing I can't figure out is what knife to take, a heavy duty knife, but not large like a "Rambo" thing, but maybe a 5 or 6 inch bladed fixed knife that can handle any thing I throw at it. I really don't want to spend $300 plus for a knife that I will eventually lose (happens all of the time), but something as tough as nails, at the same time.

Sorry to you all that coming within a day or day and a half, I didn't croak, especially UWone but them's the breaks, you still have to put up with me or ban me, one or the other. Is it true that some of you had a pool going to see who got to piss on my grave first?

Let me know what your suggestions are as far as a stubborn all purpose kniffe for my trip would be. As always, thanks ahead,

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 25 January 2022 at 18:45.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT! Glad your still with us buddy! The guys here really do give a shite... UW may give you shite at times but that's because he loves you the most...

If I had to pick one knife for your adventure it would be the Spartan Harsey Difensa, it will take everything you can throw at it. At $445 its a few more bucks than what you said but its well worth it.

https://spartanbladesusa.com/shop-al...arsey-difensa/

If you change your mind and feel like sticking around this planet a few more years I would highly suggest getting the book The Amazing Liver and Gallbladder Flush by Andreas Moritz.
    Next weekend I will be doing my 13th flush and I have NEVER felt as good as I do today, it will heal or allow your body to heal itself once you fix your clogged bile ducts. Its simple, easy and inexpensive to do and it WILL heal 98% of all your health issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Liver...s%2C111&sr=8-1

Combine the liver and gallbladder flush with a parasite, heavy metal cleanse. MMS, Master Mineral Solution is absolutely amazing as well. PM me and I can send you the E-book and a link of where to buy it. Super cheap and super easy to do. Stone
    Last edited by Stone; 25 January 2022 at 18:51.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    FT! Glad your still with us buddy! The guys here really do give a shite... UW may give you shite at times but that's because he loves you the most...

If I had to pick one knife for your adventure it would be the Spartan Harsey Difensa, it will take everything you can throw at it. At $445 its a few more bucks than what you said but its well worth it.

https://spartanbladesusa.com/shop-al...arsey-difensa/

If you change your mind and feel like sticking around this planet a few more years I would highly suggest getting the book The Amazing Liver and Gallbladder Flush by Andreas Moritz.
    Next weekend I will be doing my 13th flush and I have NEVER felt as good as I do today, it will heal or allow your body to heal itself once you fix your clogged bile ducts. Its simple, easy and inexpensive to do and it WILL heal 98% of all your health issues.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Liver...s%2C111&sr=8-1

Combine the liver and gallbladder flush with a parasite, heavy metal cleanse. MMS, Master Mineral Solution is absolutely amazing as well. PM me and I can send you the E-book and a link of where to buy it. Super cheap and super easy to do. Stone
    Funny you should mention that. I didn't know it, but I had a gall stone, and long story short, it had sliced my gall bladder open, and caused it to be grangeous and the infection had spread through my body. They immediately took me to ICU and started pumping antibiotics through me. The only good part was the morphine shots every 4 hours. Seriously, I don't remember very much at all about being in the hospital. Once they released me, they gave me bottles of oxycontin. Truth be told though, I did hurt like a S.O.B. Still having pain, but now only taking Alieve OTC.

Yeah $400 is way over budget for the knife, but I appreciate you taking the time to make a recommendation.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    A Havalon and a ESEE game knife. A few hundred in both and they will do everything you need.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Funny you should mention that. I didn't know it, but I had a gall stone, and long story short, it had sliced my gall bladder open, and caused it to be grangeous and the infection had spread through my body. They immediately took me to ICU and started pumping antibiotics through me. The only good part was the morphine shots every 4 hours. Seriously, I don't remember very much at all about being in the hospital. Once they released me, they gave me bottles of oxycontin. Truth be told though, I did hurt like a S.O.B. Still having pain, but now only taking Alieve OTC.

Yeah $400 is way over budget for the knife, but I appreciate you taking the time to make a recommendation.

FT
    Did that in the 80's. Ten days in the hossy with sepsis and pancreatic. Don't recommend it, and glad you pulled through, buddy!

I nominate the ESEE 6 for your trip. It can be found lots of places and goes for under $150, plus it can be had with, or without serrations. It's a drop point, made from good old 1095 (so it does require a little upkeep), but it sharpens and keeps an edge easily. The choil helps with small work, and the 6" blade makes it handy for processing small logs for fire or fighting a nasty.

Thanks for sticking around!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are always Esee knives on the EE. Good deals on knives most likely taken out, cut one sheet of paper and put back

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about the ESEE 4? A little shorter, and non-serrated. If, and I hope not, something nasty crawled, walked or slithered into the bunk house, I believe it would serve me fine. Small enough to handle deer or boar over here, and inexpensive enough that if (probably when) I lose it, I won't get so mad that I piss fire...
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    There are always Esee knives on the EE. Good deals on knives most likely taken out, cut one sheet of paper and put back
    EE?...
    Thanks,
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd get the blade used at the :47 mark. That should handle your wild beasts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Comes with it's own built in sheath too!
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    O.K., search over. Found a 4" ESEE on sale for about $80 off. Hope these are decent bush, game and general camp duty knives. Still have a lot of time to test it. I'm going down to TN for a boar hunt in the first couple of days of May, and I think I can put it through it's paces then.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    The ESEE 4 is solid, I have 3 of them. I prefer the clip point with the kydex sheath...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you cancel the order?

I found one I never use. It rather go to Africa. Send me your address and I'll send it. Or take it as a spare.

Name:  20220126_170314.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  1.72 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a damned generous offer, but It's already out for the post office. I think it's the exact same knife I ordered. Thanks though, I really appreciate the thought!!

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    The ESEE 4 is solid, I have 3 of them. I prefer the clip point with the kydex sheath...
    I've not heard any bad things about them, in fact I've always heard good things. I got the non-serrated drop point and it comes with a Kydex sheath also. Glad to hear you've time tested them and they passed. I've personally never owned one. Not even sure that I've seen one except on a forum or website.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger