Downloads
    Uploads

Help with pricing (AK47)

I know I am posting this in the classified section, but at present I might try and sell this stuff locally first. The problem (and point of this post) is to get help with fair pricing with a rifle that I really don't know anything about.

I have an AK that never sees the light of day. It's details are below:

Romanian Arms WASR 10/63
    17-30 round mags. 12 are metal and 5 are polymer
    I have 2,500 rounds of factory ammo to go with it. 500 rounds are 124 grain Tulammo. 1,000 rounds are 122 grain Tulammo, and 1,000 rounds are 124 grain Golden Tiger

I have other little nick nacks that go with it, but honestly since I started shooting and building ARs this thing has never seen the light of day.

Can anyone tell me what would be a fair asking price for a package deal? If I don't get any bites locally I could open it up here, but shipping all that ammo would be a pain in the ass. That said I could probably move the ammo separately if I absolutely need to but I won't do that until the rifle is sold. I would prefer to sell as a package deal but please help give me an idea of the rifle and ammo both together and separately.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, I would sell everything separately if you want to maximize return on your money. Accessories sold with a gun are virtually worthless, and ammo packaged with a gun usually has to get discounted to move as a package. In this day and age with ammo, you'll do well selling it separately.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd tally up the prices if you split it up, take a small haircut, and post locally as a package. Give it a few weeks, and if no takers then break it up. Given ammo availability and prices, you might get lucky.

That said, every collection needs an AK. I have a WASR, ammo, and mags, too, and I never really shoot it as I'm an AR guy, but I can't raise my kids without them knowing the manual of arms and how to field strip an AK, can I? So, that's why I keep it...for the children.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Honestly, I would sell everything separately if you want to maximize return on your money. Accessories sold with a gun are virtually worthless, and ammo packaged with a gun usually has to get discounted to move as a package. In this day and age with ammo, you'll do well selling it separately.
    I can do that for sure. I just don't know what the actual rifle is worth, especially since it's an AK. I did some online searching---that was the easy part. The ammo is right around $900 by itself. The rifle--- I don't know. I did some Googlefu and the MSRP is $1,100 for one with wood furniture, which mine has several upgrades such as an adjustable stock, metal quad foregrip, VFG, ghost ring sites, sling, and a few other things including an aftermarket trigger.

If I figure $10 to $15 per mag that would be in the $200-$250 range right there. I don't even know how to tell what kind of mags they are to be honest. That would put the mags and ammo right around $1,100. Let's say I got $900 for the rifle and that would be an even $2K. That said I have no clue what the value of that AK is.

I don't need to maximize every penny...but I do want to be in the right ballpark as to the value.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I'd tally up the prices if you split it up, take a small haircut, and post locally as a package. Give it a few weeks, and if no takers then break it up. Given ammo availability and prices, you might get lucky.

That said, every collection needs an AK. I have a WASR, ammo, and mags, too, and I never really shoot it as I'm an AR guy, but I can't raise my kids without them knowing the manual of arms and how to field strip an AK, can I? So, that's why I keep it...for the children.
    I am not sure of the value of the rifle itself. Like I said in later posts, it has a quad rail foregrip, ghost ring sites, aftermarket trigger, adjustable stock etc. The ammo is pretty easy to price. For the rifle I am not sure where to even start on getting a fair value.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A good shopper can pick up a Century imported WASR for under $900 new right now. The value of the add-ons kind of depend of if they are quality / desirable, or the cheap crap you get off something like CDNN. The factory wood on Century WASRs is crap and worthless. It's one notch up in hardness from Balsa, I think, so even cheap aftermarket is an upgrade.

With Mags, you should really try to figure out what you have. There are good but cheap metal mags from Asia that can look a lot like good but expense metal mags from Europe. Since WA is about to impose a ban on selling them, I just bought a few dozen of various types. Like I said, for the children.

You surprised me at $900 for the ammo...that seemed high, but checking around I see the prices are going up on the Russian stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post

With Mags, you should really try to figure out what you have.
    How do I know/tell? What should I look for?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    How do I know/tell? What should I look for?
    https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=how+t...y+AK+magazines

Downloads
    Uploads
    Post up some pics...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.