Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If this is a duplicate, I apologize. I hate this freakin editor on this website. Message disappeared right when I typed my name at the end. Has happened before and pisses me off.
    anyway, was reading on the web about my radio, and a couple of folks mentioned that it was very difficult, in their opinion, to program. DX had the software on sale, so while I won't need it for quite a while, since I can't transmit until I pass the entry level exam, I bought it at $48. They do ream you on the shipping, something like $13.99 since the software is a download and their only shipping the USB cable, but they are going to charge me full price on the software w/cable anyway, at full price.

Any thoughts on this? Is it usable and doesn't require a Ph.D to learn? Sorry to bug you with so many questions.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    @FT- I got your PM and I have no clue about the software or about any programming issues. I am still a novice with this radio and I went with it because it will take me well past intermediate level and will be applicable as I learn. When you get it figured out let me know... Just because a few guys say its difficult to program doesnt necessarily mean it is that way for everyone. YMMV
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    @FT- I got your PM and I have no clue about the software or about any programming issues. I am still a novice with this radio and I went with it because it will take me well past intermediate level and will be applicable as I learn. When you get it figured out let me know... Just because a few guys say its difficult to program doesnt necessarily mean it is that way for everyone. YMMV
    I suppose it's just a visual way to program your radio, rather than pushing all those little buttons, and a tool just to make it much easier to do, upload via USB, rather than to enter manually. Check it out on DX's site. Thanks,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper