I ordered a holster (duh) and selected paypal to buy with. Once I complete the purchase I immediately get hit with popups offering this and that. I saw the gun belt on their IG and decided "okay, I'll try it" and hit the add to cart button and BOOM! Sale complete, default size small. There were several more popups after that, but I kind of assumed (I know) that I'd go to the cart for size selection, maybe a chance to have a second thought... NOPE, SOLD!! account charged, receipt sent, done deal. I thought okay, I'll just send a note to customer support asking them to change the belt to a large. I figured they had plenty of time to correct that given their receipt said this:

Hi Joel, we're getting your order ready to be shipped. We will notify you when it has been sent.

We have a 7-14 business day processing time prior to shipping (3-5 to ship). Please note processing time does not include weekends/holidays. Once your order has been released for shipping you will receive an email notification with the tracking information.
So, an email hits my inbox this morning telling me my order is being sent soon. This tells me its a garage operation, with no massive queue of orders to fill waiting on people to recover from their covid hardship. I CALL the support number to attempt to get this fixed and am told that once the order is being processed for shipping, it can't be changed, but I can refuse the package at my door and it'll go back to them for free and I'll magically get a refund... I call bullshit on all of that. Now I have to pay for return shipping, tracking and insurance just to make sure my shit gets back there so they can process the damn refund. What reason do I have to trust them at this point?

So I am throwing down a solid DO NOT BUY, in fact, tell your neighbors, tell your enemies, tell everybody on facebook (Until it gets taken down as hate speech). This outfit sucks rotten balls and is a sham verging on a scam. Will update with more from this horse shit experience as it happens.