Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads
    I posted one comment on a Facebook post over this issue. There, I expressed my intention to resist having a knee-jerk reaction to the whole thing. I imagine there are probably many in our community who have done the same; but because of that, you won't read posts from them countering the rest. Like me, they are sitting back and thinking about it all for a while...my first reaction was simply deep disappointment.

What may hurt Jerry (and RECOIL) the most is the fact that his (apparent) lack of understanding of the law in this case has hurt his credibility. A simple explanation of current law could have completely replaced the comments he made: "The MP7A1 is a select fire weapon produced post 1986. As such, it cannot be sold to any civilian based on current US law." - period. It seems pretty clear to me that instead, Jerry simply regurgitated a line of reasoning that H&K has a reputation for using; and probably conveyed to Jerry when he was conducting interviews to write the article.

It's even more disappointing to read a bunch of "pile-on" comments on Facebook and elsewhere from people about how RECOIL was nothing more than a fashion magazine and a rag to begin with. I'm confident that most of these people probably liked RECOIL, but have now chosen to appear hard-core by hitting it while it's down. I believe that RECOIL was a great concept for a magazine with potential to attract more citizens to our numbers as firearms enthusiasts.

I'm most disappointed by the fact that this whole mess overshadows what this particular issue meant to some people in the industry that I have a great deal of respect for.
    Last edited by TripleBravo; 11 September 2012 at 16:25.