Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My LAN/WAN background has its uses, and I've found skills from one job invariably find their way to be useful in another. Simplicity has advantages, overly complicated anything rarely does.

Even the logo engraved on the left side of the URF carries the "simplicity is elegance" theme. A Cygnus logo, followed by three letters, URF. Not even our company name

Last edited by Duffy; 27 October 2017 at 13:00.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    My LAN/WAN background has its uses....
    I know Obi-wan but nothing of this Lan-wan. FCD fancy lightsabers coming next?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha that'd be cool, but SBCG is next

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the subtle logo.

Nice work Roger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you

The less obvious change on the URF are the relief cuts before the rails on the receiver. Recessed on both sides, their purpose is to make accessing a BUIS's flip up element easier. Another small modification to the standard rail that makes sense. For work, not for show.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've noticed more billet uppers with recessed areas for the BUIS. Nice touch.

So maybe I missed it, what's the MSRP on this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    $192 for the time being.

The other planned version without provisions for forward assist would be less expensive
    Last edited by Duffy; 30 October 2017 at 19:27.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good and price looks good as well

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been lurking lately....but nice little features that look like a good upper..

Downloads
    Uploads
    URF is now shipping. Alas, LDFA and ejection port assemblies are lagging, I really wanted to have them available at the same time.

http://forwardcontrolsdesign.com/URF...sign_p_98.html

It's amazing how a small change to the upper below the BUIS feels so wonderful

The relief on the FA housing works as intended with various ambi charging handles to position the user's finger lower for a more positive grasp on the right side CH latch.

URF with its angular lines looks purposeful and muscular on any receiver, here it is on a fairly standard forged receiver. Like the CMT UPUR-1 o which it is based, I don't think one has to find a lower to match it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    URF is now shipping. Alas, LDFA and ejection port assemblies are lagging, I really wanted to have them available at the same time.

http://forwardcontrolsdesign.com/URF...sign_p_98.html

It's amazing how a small change to the upper below the BUIS feels so wonderful

The relief on the FA housing works as intended with various ambi charging handles to position the user's finger lower for a more positive grasp on the right side CH latch.

URF with its angular lines looks purposeful and muscular on any receiver, here it is on a fairly standard forged receiver. Like the CMT UPUR-1 o which it is based, I don't think one has to find a lower to match it.

Looks great. Needs a FCD lower.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I know, but I'm resisting it. I can't think of too many things to improve on a lower, I know there are couple areas I want to change. Since I'm not an FFL I can't even have them in my possession, otherwise I'd outfit them with EMR-A, EMR, and ABC/R and sell them only that way. It's still possible, but I'd have to convince CMT to carry and sell those for me, we're working on something else that's more important