Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
I owned a stainless 686 that at one time belonged to the Colorado State Patrol. Guessing it was massaged by their smith, 'cause it had an amazing action. Sorry I sold it, that is one that got away. Pick one up, I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

I shoot an LCR in .22LR fairly often. It was hard to find and super expensive. It's very unforgiving, so it really makes you work on the fundamentals. If you can hit with that thing, you're good to go with just about any handgun IMO.

The big-bore revolvers look super cool but they can be painful to shoot, so they stay in the safe. I had a 454 Casul for a while and after a few rounds I was done. No point really, other than just fondling it.

My $.02, for what it's worth.
Agree 100% on the big bore stupidity. Shot 3 rounds out of my .460. The side blast toppled a spotting scope on the bench and I permanently damaged my hearing forgetting to slip my ear pro over my ear. Sold that piece of insanity back to my LGS the next day. No idea how you could ever hunt with one of those. Sit all day with ear muffs on I guess. Lol