Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
What would you say is the top 2 or 3 things for you in regards to flat trigger pulls? I am kind of prodding more as to the 'whys' and you're the perfect person that can give succinct answers.

Could be a good blog topic btw.

My first and really only real experience with flat triggers is when I built my first AR. I used a CMC flat trigger. I bought that based off of recommendations here on WEVO and have been hooked ever since.

I found with that CMC flat trigger I can get repeatable finger placement and good repeatable traction almost every time. With them I think that little hook at the bottom helps a ton. I also like the idea of little to no sloppy over travel. If I switched out and got some fancy nice two stage trigger with a clean break I would probably love that too. It all has it's place. As long as there is a good crisp break that is in the same spot (and no spongy feel around that spot) as well as a good reset I would probably be a fan. I have a lot more experience with rifle triggers than pistols by far.

On a pistol though I have absolutely zero flat trigger time. I don't know if just a flat trigger alone would help improve my pistol marksmanship or not. I'm not the best pistol shooter out there let's just say that but I do feel pretty strongly that a good consistent trigger doesn't hurt at all.
The fact that the depression of the trigger is consistent through the entire trigger press/squeeze. On a curved trigger or rounded trigger you may end up pushing on a weird angle of the trigger and not on the apex for a consistent straight back shot. This is one of the issues which people have when shooting Glocks, low and left, because they are contacting the trigger on an angle and pushing it down and left while they break the shot. With a flat trigger this is greatly reduced unless you literally put your finger on the side of the trigger.

With AR's I find a flat trigger to be better at everything from precision to speed shooting.