Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads
    After running the MK6 a bit last week, I decided to run the ATACR again today. While there's still the handicap (relatively) of the lower mount on the MK6, I found the ATACR to be the better answer, but still with its limitations. Basically, I found two continuing issues:

1. It's easy to wander out of the eye-box
    2. The RDS flickers on the ATACR at extremes

1. is really a training issue and not something particular to the ATACR as it's endemic to a LPVO. But that doesn't mean it's not a thing. With more time and repetitions, I can see it becoming less of an issue, much how an Aimpoint Micro has a smaller "eye box" compared to a 30mm Aimpoint. Geometry doesn't lie.

2. Is a thing, but still less than the MK6. That said, I'm starting to rely more on the reticule to "funnel" my view in, regardless of optic. At the end of the day, this is another training issue. Still, the ATACR dot on "10" is still brighter than my MK6 on any setting.

All that said, the ATACR's eye box continues to be impressive. Really, the dot starts to become noticeable when you don't mount the rifle directly square to your body. That might matter more to some than others. Apparently I'm not completely square at all times. For the drills today, I worked target transitions and also target transitions from behind a barrier. It worked well to work in movement and also to "off-set" the optic when looking around a corner (ie, the optic isn't always level).

Overall, I still like the optic, and will enjoy continuing to work it.

Picture for attention....

DISCLAIMER: For mustangfreak....this is a picture of a rifle. It has nothing to do with accuracy or precision discussions.

Last edited by gatordev; 18 June 2019 at 19:06. Reason: Grammar